Conor Maynard- Just Fall In Love And You'll Get Killed.

Aye I'm back! x This was requested by the amazing @UglyEater ! Hope you enjoy! xx

---

Love, it's made out to be this incredible thing that is breathtakingly amazing and makes you feel like you're living in a romance movie. Love is when in a sea of people you're always searching for that one person, that one person you're head over heels for. It can be that great but love is such a powerful thing and with light, there is always darkness. Love controls people, makes them do dangerous and reckless things. Love can bring people great happiness but it can also cause an immense amount of pain.

That was the problem with you and Conor, you loved each other more than anything else on this planet. You loved each other so much, just the thought of losing one another breaks your heart. But things aren't all butterflies and blue skies, at the end of the day you always end up hurting each other It makes you wonder why love has to be so complicated.

You sat on the floor of your apartment, studying the hard wooden floor; trying to make the tears go away. You had just had a yelling match with Conor about god knows what. He had stormed out, saying he'd had enough of you. His words stung like salt in a wound. These days you seemed to forget the real reason you two were still together because it felt like all this relationship bought was pain. Sometimes you wondered if the only reason you stayed together because it was less hassle than breaking up, that it was just easier this way.

Your arguments got so heated so fast. You could go from bickering about Conor liking other girls Instagram photos to full on arguing about deep and personal issues in a matter of minutes. It seemed like at this point you were argugin more than you were smiling.

As you sighed and place your head in your hands, you head someone knocking gently on the door, you knew it was Conor. You rose to your feet and unlocked the door, it must have locked itself when he slammed it shut earlier. After pulling the door open you looked up to see Conor giving you a sad smile It suddenly dawned on you as you looked up at his tear stained face and red eyes how tired he had begun to look lately. The bags under his eyes had grown darker, the wrinkles on his forehead had become more prominent and it looked like he hadn't bothered shaving in days. All this arguing was exhausting both of you. 

"Love is going to kill us one day, I swear," You thought.

You pulled Conor into a hug, he wrapped his arm around your waist and held you close to him. You could hear his heart beat and smell his cologne, it was so comforting. Sometimes after arguing all you needed was for him to hug you, make you feel safe. Conor slowly pulled out of the hug.

"I think we need to talk." He whispered.

You nodded sadly.

You both sat on the sofa, facing each other. You held your breath waiting for him to began talking.

"Y/n what are we going to do, baby? I mean let's be honest this relationship is a mess" He chuckled slightly but you could tell it was fake.

"I don't have a clue what we should do" You sighed and picked at your nails.

"D-do you think it would be better if we erm e-ended things?" You could hear the pain seeping through his voice as he said that.

You froze, it was like suddenly everything became more real. Was this really about to end? It was scary how the relationship you had put your blood, sweat and tears into for the past two years could just end so quickly.

You sat in silence for a few seconds debating what you were going to do. You knew that the next decision you two made was going to have a major impact on your life.

"Con, I don't want to break up, I don't want to give up on us. We've fought hard for so long to keep this relationship together. I'm not about to give up on all of this." You insisted.

"But what if this is meant to end.. now." He murmured, "Y/n what if we're just not meant to be together forever, I mean this isn't some damn fairy tale."

You sniffed, holding back tears.

"We aren't in a fairy tale, you're right. But whats stopping us from living like we're in one. Just because the rest of the world is falling apart doesn't mean we have to fall with it" You replied.

"Y/n admit it we fell apart a long time ago!" He snapped, you could see tears forming in his eyes.

"But Conor I love you! I love you so god damn much, I would do anything for you!" You yelled.

"I love you too y/n. But love is a fricking curse." He said.

"If you love me then why do you want to leave me?" You cried, tears sliding down your face.

"Because I don't think people are meant to be together forever, not us anyway." He sighed "I love you, I always will but you and me both know if we stay together we're just going to end up more hurt and I can't stand seeing you hurt, y/n"

"Please don't leave me" You blurbed out through the tears that were now falling like rain.

"What do you want me to do? If I stay you know we'll be having this conversation again soon. How long do you think it'll be before I end up hurting you again? A few days? A week? A month?" He yelled "Y/n you know we're just trying to avoid the inevitable. We're unhealthy for each other just admit it."

You stayed silent for a while, trying to take it in. This was the terrifying truth. The raw reality. You wished you could bury your head in a pillow and hide from it all forever. But you couldn't, you had no choice at all but to face it, face him.

You finally managed to say something.

"Please stay, I need you" You croaked out while you shook as you cried.

"I'm sorry, baby but you know it's whats best," He said taking your hand in his 

"Goodbye y/n"

Conor planted a kiss on your forehead before getting up and leaving for the final time. He left you alone crying your eyes out. How could he do this to you? You called out his name after him, wishing he'd hear you, wishing he'd care.

Wishing he'd come back to you.