Prologue.

"Lotus! Come here!" My father whisper yelled. I ran to him as fast as my little, nine-year-old legs could take me. "I need you to hide in here and don't come out until someone comes to get you." He said as a lot of commotion was heard around the house.

"Daddy, I want to stay with you." I pouted as he placed me in the closet, behind all the clothes.

"I know, Lotus. But you have to stay here." He kissed my forehead. "No matter what you hear, do not come out."

~

"Where is she?!" A panicked voice yelled. I recognized it easily, it was my best friend and the Alpha's son, Benedict. "Lotus?!" His frantic voice called out.

"Bennie?" I whimpered. "I'm in the closet." I mumbled, knowing he would hear me. The commotion died down about three hours ago. Suddenly the closet door was ripped off its hinges and I stared at Benedict in shock. Yeah, he was the future Alpha but he was only ten and he was already breaking doors.

His blue eyes found my grey ones and his hands quickly reached out to me. He picked me up with ease and held me tightly pressed to his chest. "I was so afraid that they got you." He mumbled into my hair.

"What do you mean?" I questioned confused.

"Did you not notice?" He pulled back, shock clear on his face. "We were under attack." He said and my eyes widened.

"Daddy?" I whimpered. I hoped he was okay.

"Lotus, I'm so sorry." A look of pity took over his features. "He died because he was protecting your mom." Tears streamed down my face as a sob escaped my lips.

"No! No! You're lying!" I shook my head as I stepped. "He can't be dead!" I yelled before running out. But the second I stepped out the front door, I froze. Bodies were laying everywhere, wolves and humans. People were rushing around, trying to help the injured.

"Lotus?" My mother's voice said and I turned to my right. "Where were you?" She asked as she hugged me tightly.

"Daddy put me in the closet. He told me not to come out." I answered. "Mommy, why are you bleeding?" I asked, looking at my now bloody hands.

"It's okay, hija." She smiled. "I'll be okay."

"What about daddy?" I asked and tears gathered in her eyes. "Is daddy okay?" I looked up at her.

"Hija, daddy- he," she sighed. "He didn't make it."

"Lotus!" Someone yelled and my eyes shot open. "Lotus! You're gonna be late." Benedict stormed in while I rubbed my eyes. "Get up." He pulled the blanket off me.

"Bennie!" I whined. "I don't want to go to school." He squinted his eyes at me as he hung above me, his blonde locks falling into his face.

"I know, Lotus." He pat my head, straightening down my dark, curly hair. "But you gotta graduate, you're almost there. Only like three more months."

"Yeah, yeah." I pushed his hands off. "Get out." I rolled my eyes while getting up. I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the door.

"You're rude to your Alpha." He growled playfully.

"Yeah? What you wanna do about it?" I challenged him as I put him in the hallway.

"Well nothing because if I don't find my mate, I need a Luna and that's gonna be you." He shrugged. "Unless you found your mate, then I'll have to find someone else."

"I doubt my mate will come hopping along." I raised an eyebrow. "It's been three years since my first shift."

"So, it's been almost five since mine." He rolled his eyes. "I'll give up hope once I'm 27."

"Goodbye, Benedict." I rolled my eyes and shut the door.

"Lotus!" He whined.

"Go find Beta Florence." I chuckled, sending him off to find Charles. I grinned to myself as I started stretching. I sat down with my legs spread wide and leaned down to touch my toes.

I always stretched when I woke up in the morning, no matter what time or where I was. I used to do it with my father when I was little so I'm pretty flexible. We would listen to music and do exercises before school and work. I had to wake up earlier but I didn't mind.

Once I did everything, I quickly hopped in the shower and washed myself. I changed into blue jeans and a white shirt. I chose a brown belt and boots, but I let my hair flow loose.

"I'm done." I chirped, entering the kitchen. Benedict and Charles were having breakfast in there.

"Put this on." Benedict threw me his red and blue checkered shirt at me.

"Eat this." Charles handed me some toast with Nutella. I grabbed it and took a bite, grabbing my bag in the other hand.

"Let's go." They said simultaneously and I smiled slightly. I hopped in the back of the car and they got in as well.

"Isn't Gamma Garcia coming?" I questioned.

"Stop calling him that." Benedict rolled his eyes. "Just call him Diaz, just like you call me Benedict and him Charles."

"But I am supposed to adress you guys with you proper titles." I frowned. "And that is ranking plus last name. Alpha Walcott, Beta Florence and Gamma Garcia."

"Alright then, Delta Alvarez." Charles replied as Benedict pulled up infront of the school.

"My father was Delta Alvarez." I told him. "I'm just his daughter."

"Just his daughter?!" Benedict turned around in his seat shocked. "You are the Delta of this pack! You are the highest trained and strongest fighter of this pack."

"Thanks, Bennie." I smiled slightly and then opened the car door. "I'll walk home after school. I need to let Adora out." Adora was my wolf. "She's been begging me since yesterday but because you," I turned to Benedict. "Gave me a curfew, I couldn't go out anymore."

"Yeah, alright." He waved me off. "See you later." I nodded and got out, slamming the door shut behind me.

"High school." I sighed and walked into the building.