twenty two

the next day, mingyu was nervous.

he had planned how to make up with wonwoo. 

first he would try to sneak his way into the library, and tap him on the shoulder. he'd pull him out and tell him how much he cares about him, and that he never wanted wonwoo to feel replaced. sure, he made great friends, but he wanted wonwoo to know that wonwoo is very special. also, he wants to tell wonwoo the reason why he avoided him was because he was hurt by how wonwoo basically told him to "go away and hang out with ren".

they both shared the same class, but mingyu thought it'd be awkward to apologize in the middle of a lecture.

they didn't sit next to each other.

ren tapped mingyu on the shoulder, "are you going to talk to him today?"

"yup, during break." mingyu grinned. 

wonwoo occasionally gave glances at mingyu and always looked away a few seconds later.

"breath, wonwoo. you'll find him during lunch and say what you need to get out."

they walked their separate ways as usual.

wonwoo saw mingyu with ren as they're walking.

"i'll walk up to him later and apologize." wonwoo thought.

"i'm so nervous. help me." mingyu held onto ren's arm.

"you'll do fine." ren reassured him.

jonghyun walked up to ren and held his hand.

"good luck!" jonghyun said to mingyu as they walked away.

wonwoo walked around campus, he was going back to mingyu's hangout spot to apologize anyway.

mingyu walked to the library and tried to find wonwoo, but it was empty.

"hello.. have you seen a pale boy, pretty tall, named jeon wonwoo?" mingyu asked the librarian.

"wonwoo? i haven't seen him today." the librarian answered.

"thank you!" mingyu ran off.

mingyu stopped by at the seventeen table.

"hey guys, have you guys seen wonwoo?" mingyu questioned.

"well, he's usually in the library." seungkwan answered.

"he's not. have you seen him though?" mingyu asked again.

"nope." all of them answered.

mingyu walked off and the seventeen table snickered.

"told you guys it'd end soon." jeonghan smirked.

a few minutes later, wonwoo arrived at the seventeen table all sweaty. 

".. have you guys seen mingyu?" wonwoo asked, panting.

"he went that way." all of them pointed and answered at the same time.

"thank you!" wonwoo ran off.

"hey!" wonwoo shouted.

"wonwoo!" mingyu turned and saw a pale boy all tired.

"i-i'm so sorry!" wonwoo huffed.

"let's sit on the bench first. you seem tired." mingyu lead him to the bench and they sat together.

"i'm really sorry i said that." wonwoo said again.

mingyu's face softened, "i shouldn't have left you alone."