Chapter 41

A V A

"Aves, wake up." A voice says to me.

"Aves?" The voice starts to become much louder.

"Ava!"

"BITCH!" Elijah screams and shakes my arm, jolting me awake.

"What? WHAT?!" I scream, still tired. I rub the sleep away from my eyes and look up at him. He's wearing his blue pajamas.

"Hi." He says, smiling at me and I give him my pissed off face.

"That's why you woke me up? To say HI?!"

"Uh... yeah? Do you have a problem with that?" He states, giving me a grin.

Jesus, I love him but I hate at the same time.

"Now get up. Someone's at the door you." He says and my eyes widen.

"Wait, what?" I say, confused.

"Some. One. Is. Here. For. You." Elijah tells me very slowly and I roll my eyes at him.

"Yes Elijah, I know but who?"

"What's his face. The... oh! That hot guy you met at the club!" He continues. " Hurry up because he's waiting." He says leaving me and I get up to put on my leg and change into some baggy track pants.

I really want to hear what this jerk has to say to me. The jerk who didn't have the decency to call and cancel our date. Or whatever it was.

I walk into the living room and there is Scott, sitting on Elijah's grey couch. He stands when he sees me, putting his hands in the pockets of his jeans. He looks nervous.

Good.

He should be.

I cross my arms and stand there waiting for him to open his mouth.

"Ava... I'm so sorry. Something came up and my phone was dead so I couldn't call you and I was going to come over later last night to tell you but I thought that maybe you're already asleep and..."

"What did you have to do?" I ask him. Noah told me what he did last night but I want to hear it from his mouth.

"I had a club opening that I had to go to." He says before continuing. "My publicist is on my back about these things so I had to go."

I shake my head. "Why didn't you tell me that you're a millionaire? I had to find it out on my own last night!" I tell him and his eyes widen in surprise. I don't know why it's so surprising to him. I would've figured it out eventually. I mean come on! His company is one of the best in all of Ontario!

"How did you find out?" He asks.

"Uh duh! The news!" I tell him, which is half true. I always see them talking about how the company is doing great. His company is really popular for their clothing even though they are all expensive as fuck.

Well, now you know the CEO, so you'll get some expensive new clothing for your closet.

"I'm sorry okay. I didn't want you to find out this way. You are... you're just so different than the other girls I've been with and when I saw you at the club, I just had to know you."

"I'm so sorry. Please, can we start over? I really want to get to know you and you me."

"I don't know Scott..." I tell him and I start thinking about what Noah told me yesterday, about staying away from him. But then again, since when is he the boss of me? I mean he looked pretty serious but I am too. He has to know that he isn't the boss of me. I'm a young adult capable of making my own choices... even though those choices aren't really the best.