Chapter 3

*Joseph in pic above*

I can't shake the feeling my wolf is giving me. The pack is well, no signs of Rouges causing issues, even the surrounding packs are doing well. I am eager to find my mate, that I do know. I've been searching for her since I was 16. I shifted at 10 but wasn't given permission to find my mate until 16. Something the moon goddess had decided my father tells me. Here I am 22 yrs old, a king, and mateless. Unlike some Alphas I am not worried about NOT finding her and going crazy. I'm more worried WHEN I'll find her. I can not wait to meet her and get to know her, so much so I've had the staff here prepare a room for her when I bring her home with me. Typically Alphas demand that their Luna be with them the minute they meet. I, however, want to take it slow and not scare my mate off. I want her to get used to me, I want to show her I'm a gentleman and would worship the ground she walks on. She will not only be Queen and Luna of all werewolves, but she would be MY Queen. I will love her, protect her, support her, show her how much she means to me. I can't understand how I love someone I've never met before and I can't shake this feeling my wolf is putting off. 

I walk into my living room where a lot of the other mated wolves tend to congregate  when suddenly Sylvia saunters over, putting too much sway in her hips. "Oh jeez she has that come hither stare again." My wolf Gerard states. I chuckle at his remark as she eyes me like I'm a piece of cake. " Hey there Alpha." Sylvia says in what appears to be her attempt at a seducing voice, when it just sounds like you've thrown a cat in water.  " Hello Sylvia, how is everything today?" I ask her to keep it formal. I have NO DESIRE for this woman yet she thinks I do. "It's going I suppose Alpha, but it seems you are tense. Why don't you let me give you a massage? I can make you feel so much better." She attempts to sound sexy and alluring as she wraps her arms around my neck. Honestly I got nothing, this woman is a piece of work. Unraveling her snake arms from my neck I look at her and say " I don't think your mate would approve of your behavior and I know I certainly don't. Kindly remove yourself from my sight and if you attempt to seduce me ever again I'll have you and your mate sent to another pack." Sylvia looks at me as I've grown two heads but quickly regains herself. " Yes, your highness. It won't happen again I assure you." She hissed the last part out and walked away. I find a seat near the fire place and pull out my book on my wattpad I've been reading, oddly enough it's a book Vampires. It's called " I Am Only One" By EmelineRousselot. I finally finish the last chapter and put it away as my Beta Kevin walks up to me. "Alpha, things are quiet tonight. Any news on finding our Luna Queen? Oh and the new family just moved into town. They would like a word so they know whose territory they are on and the rules." Kevin asks with hope in his eyes. " Kev, first when we are in my home its Joseph, we're like brothers! Second, no I haven't caught her scent yet and I've scoured the entire Alaskan and half the Canadian territories. And this new family I will have to welcome them if that is what they wish, but why on earth would they move here not knowing they've moved onto Royal Pack lands?" I reply with curiosity more in my voice than ever before.
"Because they are human, yet they know of our kind, and wish to be as respectful as possible Joseph. Not everyone is bad you know." Kevin states. He is always there to talk reason to me and help me make sense of things. That's my mates job but seeing I don't have one he's stepped up as my Beta and dear friend. I am truly lost without his help. This does make me wonder if the newcomers are human and they know of our kind, how did they come to know then? As I look over the newcomers that I now know as the Sanders Family, I notice they are two very well to do celebs with 2 children. One son who is 25 and owns his own company and resides in Oregon and a daughter who is 19 and just finished school and followed them here. " We should go greet them Joe..." My wolf Gerard says. " We will Gerard, in due time, let them get settled in and we will pay them a visit tomorrow." I tell him. He seems pretty keen on meeting them though I don't know why. My mate wouldn't be there.... unless the moon goddess mated me to a human. Oh goddess what if its the married woman?! "The Goddess wouldn't do that Alp-Joseph. She wouldn't pair you with a married woman." Kevin says boldly. " I said that out loud didn't I? " I look at him with my flushed cheeks. "Yes, but it's going to be okay. We will find our Luna Queen soon I just know it." He pats my shoulder before he walks out of the room leaving me yet again with my thoughts.

I decided to turn in for the night so I head to my room. Passing by my soon to be queens room on the way I suddenly stop at her would be door. I look around thinking if she'll like it and if she doesn't then we can redo it all just for her to be happy. Its a big room, with marble flooring, Soft pinks and golds. I had the pack bring in the softest and biggest mattress ( next to mine of course) in the kingdom and help me bring her room to life. I had even designed a closet for her and liked it so much I had one put in my room for when she is ready to move in with me. Even her bathroom is custom. I want her to know I love her and will do anything for her..... even if that means her not wanting me. She already rules my heart and I don't even know who or where she is! I would let her go a thousand times if it meant her being happy. Realizing I'm standing in her doorway day dreaming and bringing all my hopes down to the ground I shake it off and close her door making my way to my room. I shower and brush my teeth and slip into bed dreaming of her. Tomorrow I will meet this new family and begin my search for her again.....

* Done with another chapter! I know its slowly developing, but it's not a short story so I have to ease into it all.  Thank you for reading my book and taking a chance on it! Grammar police be nice to me! lol*