#56 The double life

Arjun.

Sanju's pain filled face at my confession flashed through my mind again.

I tried to tell her everything a lot of time, But she was always running away, So it must've came as a shock to her to hear it like that.

I looked out of the window as the car moved forward.

I know what I have done to you do not have any excuses, I know I'm a heartless beast for all of it, But I don't think I can let go of you, Sanju-

"Boss" Karan said. "Are you okay?" He asked me while driving.

I didn't answer him.

"I know you are worried about madam, Why did you say it like that? You were actually forced to do all of that, You had no choice-"

"Whatever reasons I have, Karan, It will not decrease her pain, Whatever the situation I was in would not make what I did to her disappear, It's True that I did all of that to her and I don't want to hide it from her anymore"

"you know her sir, Ever since her dad died, She started to attack surya group, She never stopped, She came back at them more and more powerfully" Karan said. "What if she doesn't forgive you for what you have done? What if she decided to..not be with you sir?" He asked me.

"I hope she wouldn't take that decision" I said.

I hope she will really give me a chance.

"That's why you shouldn't have talked like that" He said.

"I don't want these burdens to appear between us when we are together, I just want her to know everything and decide"

"so you are planning to let go if she decided to keep a distance?"

"No, I am planning to fight that decision" I said. "But if it's really miserable for her to see me, I have no choice, I guess"

"You will give up?" Karan asked.

"I won't force her to be with me, But I will protect her always" I said. "This is what I owe her"

...............

Everyone was already waiting for me when I entered the conference room at surya headquarters.

"Arjun" Raghav sir turned to me. "Abiram is in trouble, we just got news that ACP Suresh Kumar got a confession from from S.I Thomas Mathew just before he died!" He said. "Now that Suresh kumar is still alive, If he recover or open his eyes, Abiram will be arrested!"

"I heard he's stable now" Abiram grunted. "I need to take care of him quickly or he will start talking"

"We need to act quick and get rid of him soon, If he talk about that guy we sent to take care of him, Everything will be over, All our officers will be affected" Pramod agreed.

"But just like the accident site, Palace group bodyguards are still placed in front of his room" I said. "They are very alert all the time" I added. "Sanjay got arrested while trying to get rid of priyanka, We can't afford to make the same mistake again"

"That's why I am very concerned about this" Father said slowly. "How come palace group help that officer Suresh?" He said. "If they are involved in this case, It means there is more to it, We can't act recklessly" He said.

My inside constricted at that. If they are fixed on this case, it's a matter of time before Karthik's identity get exposed.

I need to do something about this!

"Suresh kumar is in coma, I am more worried about Sanjay who is caught red handed" I said.

"I am worried about that too" Father said. "He's with palace group officers, They are not even allowing him to have visitors" He said. "I think you should hide for the time being" Father looked at Abiram.