7- Mali Likes Food

"Merlin that was good!" Ginny exclaimed as the puddings vanished.

"You just wait until the Halloween feast!" The nervous looking boy next to Venus who had introduced himself as Neville Longbottom said.

"I don't think I can ever eat again," Mali rested her head on the table, "ever, ever, ever."

"That's not true," Venus said, "you said that after we ate all of the sweets on the train and look at you now."

"Well I mean it this time!" Mali glared at her.

Albus Dumbledore got to his feet and the hall fell silent.

"Welcome everyone to a new year at Hogwarts, as always the Forbidden Forest is out of bounds to all students and some of us need to remember that." Dumbledore looked pointedly at the Weasley twins, "as is the villiage of Hogsmead to all below third year. Now let us sing our school song, then off to bed." Dumbledore waved his wand and a ribbon appeared forming lyrics above his head, "everyone pick a tune and let us begin."

Everyone did so. It was the strangest song that Venus had ever sung along to as no one else was singing it the same way a she, but it was brilliant.

When the song finished Dumbledore smiled, "now off to bed all of you."

There was a flurry of movement throughout the hall as everyone began to file out of the hall.

"Griffindor first years to me!" Percy Weasley could barley be heard over the din in the hall, but Ginny, Venus and Mali all pushed their way towards him.

Once all of the first years had gathered around him he began walking out if the hall, explaining different features as they passed them.

The climbed hundreds of stairs and eventually made it to a portrait of a rather large woman in a pink dress.

"This is the entrance to the Gryffindor tower," Percy explained.

"Password?" The fat lady asked.

"Doxies." Percy replied. The portrait swung forwards and Percy climbed through it.

The group emerged into a warm room, armchairs were scattered around and a large fire was burning in the fire place.

"Girls dorms are to the left, boys to the right." Percy told them.

Everyone began filing towards the dorms. But Percy grabbed Venus and Ginny and pulled them aside.

"Try not to cause too much trouble you two," Percy sighed slightly, "now off to bed."

They hurried after Mali who had begun climbing the stairs to the dorms.

"Is that one of your brothers?" Mali asked as they found a door with a note pinned on that read 'first year girls'.

"That's Percy." Ginny nodded as she pushed the door open.

The two other occupants of the room we're already there, unpacking their trunks which had been left in the room for them.

"Hi!" One of them said, "I'm Annabel Tinning!" She bounced up to them.

"Venus Weasley." Venus grinned at the girl.

"Ginny Weasley." Ginny grinned too.

"Mali Young," Mali laughed slightly at the girl's excitement.

"And I'm Emma Fountain!" The other girl looked up from her trunk.

"I can tell we're all going to be brilliant friends!" Annabel squealed.

"Yay!" Venus replied with a laugh.

********

"I swear this school is going to make me so fat." Mali said as she stuffed her face with breakfast the next morning.

"I thought you said you would never eat again." Venus laughed.

"I lied." Mali replied as she grabbed some more bacon.

"Hello Miss Young, Miss Weasley, Miss Weasley." Professor McGonagall was carrying a stack of paper. She pulled three scrolls off her pile and tapped them with her wand.

"Here are your time tables." She handed the three girls the parchment.

"Ha, double history of magic first thing," Ron looked over Venus's shoulder as she looked at her time table. "Good luck."

"Go away Ronald." Venus whacked him over the head with it.

Just then owls began to flood into the hall. Landing in front of students and delivering the post, before flying away.

The Weasley family's decrepid old owl Eril landed in front of Ron with a large red envelope.

"Ha," Venus grinned at her brother, "she's gone and sent you a howler!"

There was a loud bang as the envelope exploded and the sound of Mrs Weasley's voice filled the hall.

"RONALD WEASLEY, HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR, I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED, YOUR FATHER IS FACING AN ENQUIRY AT WORK AND IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT. IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE, WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME." the envelope yelled at Ron, then it turned to Ginny and Venus, "oh girls congratulations on making into Gryffindor, your father and I are so proud!" The letter stuck it's tong out at Ron and ripped itself into pieces.

"Well at least she hasn't disowned you," Harry patted his friend on the back.

"I'm dead!" Ron exclaimed and then slumped onto the table.

********

History of Magic was as boring as Ron had warned them.

"When can I drop it?" Mali asked as they hurried out of the classroom at the end of the lesson.

"Not until the end of fifth year," Venus groaned as she checked her time table. "This is a horrible day, we've got double potions next!"

"That sounds like fun," Mali smiled.

"No, Fred and George told me all about Professor Snape. He hates Gryffindors, Merlin I hope that we're not in a class with the Slytherins!"

They were not, thankfully they had been paired with the Ravenclaws for potions, but that didn't stop Snape being just as vile towards the Gryffindors.

He started the lesson by quizzing them, and when no one knew the answers he berated them about how little they knew. He set them the task of brewing a cure for the common cold, which in his words, "should be within your reach."

He swept around the classroom making comments on their brewing skills.

"No Miss Lovegood, you must add the Kelpie hair straight after the Hippogriff feather."

"Mr Creevy stir it clockwise not anti clockwise!"

"Miss Weasley, we chop, not crush!"

Venus bit back a comment about what of Snape's she would chop if he didn't shut up.

Finally the bell rang, releasing them from their torture.

"Thank God it's lunch!" Mali smiled happily as they sat down in the Great Hall.

"I swear, your stomach is a never ending pitt." Venus mused as she watched her friend dig into an even bigger plate than the one she had at breakfast.

"Whmmm?" Mali asked through a mouthful of sandwich.

"Nothing."

I'm in a stangely good mood, so here's another chapter!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx