~(30)~

Unknown

The next morning, Adonis was up at four as he descended the stairs and trailed his way to the dark kitchen where he intended to satisfy his growling stomach. The movement downstairs was heard by all that occupied the pack house, however, none of them bothered to do anything about it; they could smell who it was.

Anessa walked down the stairs slowly as she observed him from a far as he quietly ate some of the left over steak that was cooked especially for him. Her figure peered out from behind the wall one more time before she fled into the forest where she was yet to commence her run through Shadow Creek.

He continued to eat the rather soft steak as he listened to the suspicious silence in content tranquility. In his mind, yesterday's thoughts, questions and events weren't forgotten; he couldn't make them disappear from his mind even if he tried his absolute hardest.

He must have been at that wooden table staring at nothing for approximately three hours before Kyle trotted down the stairs with one eye open and the other closed.

Kyle stopped rubbing his eye as he stared at Adonis who had not noticed his presence just quite yet. From his stance, Kyle could clearly see that Adonis was in deep thought; anyone in his situation would be in deep thought.

It was only when Kyle made his way to the kitchen counter that Adonis acknowledged him with nothing more than a head nod and a barely audible "Morning". Kyle mimicked his actions as he stalked to the fridge and drooled at five pounds of raw steak drowning in blood but as he felt Adonis' eyes burn holes through his back, he decided against it.

Regret flowed through his veins as he grabbed a bowl and filled it with milk cereal. He had taken a seat opposite Adonis; he considered it the least awkward position but as Adonis would sneak glances here and there, he knew he had chosen the wrong seat.

"Kyan?"

Even though Kyle nearly forgot who 'Kyan' actually was and almost didn't answer, his wolf luckily reminded or barked at him to do so, "Yes!"

Adonis blinked out of surprise at his obnoxiously loud tone and watched him as though he was waiting for a certain thing to happen.

"Adonis?" Kyle could read body language quite well. He could tell that Adonis was being quite careful about the words he said and about the actions he executed.

"How is the um wo- The girl?"

This was expected and luckily, Kyle had derived a quick and suitable answer, "We ended up calling the police station. You know the one five miles away from the forest?"

Adonis nodded, "Is she...okay?"

"Bruised and battered due to containment issues but it wasn't too much damage. She really put up a fight before she entered the police vehicle. Did she have any mental issues?"

Adonis wanted to utter a laugh and say 'you could say that again' but he once again gave him a solemn nod and looked down at the polished piece of furniture where he absentmindedly traced his reflection before he asked him another question, "Where's Anessa? Out on a run?"

"You guessed it." Kyle smiled as he picked up his spoon to take another bite of his cereal.

"What about Gideon?"

Kyle was becoming a little annoyed with all of these questions but he didn't want to test the waters and release some kind of destined beast that Adonis may or may not have inside of him, "He's never awake before seven thirty, in fact, he should be down any time now." Kyle looked at the clock at it was about twenty to eight and smirked maniacally.