9- The Decline Of The Ginger Population

Ginny was still very subdued over Christmas break.

The whole Wesley family, minus Ron who decided to stay at Hogwarts with Harry and Hermione, were at the Burrow, even Bill and Charlie came to visit.

Their mother cooked up a wonderful Christmas dinner and the family pulled muggle crackers that their father had bought and laughed at the bad jokes contained in them.

Ginny however just sat there, she laughed occasionally, but most of the time she was silent. She also looked slightly pale, which wasn't helped by the fact that the jumper she had received from her mother as her Christmas gift was bright red, clashing with her hair and making her look even paler.

New Year came and went and Percy, Fred, George, Venus and Ginny boarded the Hogwarts Express to go back to Hogwarts.

Lessons started again the next day and to her suprise Venus enjoyed them.

"I hate History of Magic," Mali threw her quill down on her empty parchment that she was supposed to be writing an essay about the origins of wands on. "It's almost as bad a regular muggle History!"

"I don't know," Venus looked up from her own essay, "I reckon it would be quite interesting if not for Binns."

"You might be right," Mali frowned at her parchment. "Doesn't stop me hating it though."

The monster of the Chamber of Secrets made no apperances until months later when it claimed Hermione and a Hufflepuff girl named Penelope Clearwater.

Mali and Venus stared at the fire in the common room.

"My mum would flip if she knew about all of this." Mali said.

"My mum has flipped!" Venus replied, "she wants to pull us all out of school! But Dumbledore convinced her not to do it, but if there's another attack, then I think she really will do it."

"The Hogwarts population will decrease sigicantly!" Mali spread her arms dramatically. "The ginger population will be next to none!"

Venus punched Mali's arm hard.

"Ow, Merlin you don't know your own strength sometimes! That really hurt."

"I do know my own strength," Venus blinked at her, "I meant it to hurt."

********

"I don't believe it." Venus shook her head at Harry and Ron, "she can't be gone!"

"Her skeleton will lie in the Chamber forever," Ron said dejectedly, "that's what McGonagall said."

"Not Ginny!" Fred exclaimed, "no way!"

"She knew!" Ron continued, "she tried to tell me something, she knew about Slytherin's monster!"

********

"Are you okay?" Mali asked Venus when her brothers finally convinced her to go to bed.

"Not really," Venus lay back on her bed.

"I get that." Mali said sadly. "I can't believe it."

"Me either." Venus rolled over and drew the drapes around her bed. She lay awake for hours before falling into an uneasy sleep.

She awoke that morning feeling as though there was a heavy weight on her chest. Unwillingly she pulled the curtains around her bed aside and sat up.

She could hardly believe what she was seeing, sat on her bed was Ginny. Looking tired, but otherwise just fine.

"Gin?" Venus threw herself at her sister and tackled her in a hug.

Ginny laughed and hugged her sister back, "I'm alright Ve."

"How-what happened?" Venus let her sister go and held her at arms length, inspecting her appearance.

"It's a long story." Said Ginny in a small voice.

"I have time." Venus told her.

Ginny explained everything, from the diary to the chamber. Once she had finshed Venus once again pulled her into a tight hug.

"You could have told me Gin," she mumbled into her sister's shoulder.

"I know, I'm sorry."

"No don't apologise!" Venus said quickly, "let's just promise each other one more thing."

"What?"

"No more secrets," Venus streached her hand for Ginny to shake.

"No more secrets," Ginny shook her hand.

"No more secrets," Mali stuck her head out from the gap in-between the curtains around her bed, grinning from ear to ear.

********

All of the petrified victims were revived the next day when the Mandrake juice was ready.

All the students were somewhat relieved to see Nearly Headless Nick floating through the corridors or Hermione with her nose in a book again.

All too soon it was time to head home, Ginny and Venus climbed off of the train at Platform 9 3/4 only to be pulled into a tight hug by their parents.

"I guess I'll see you two in September then," Mali hugged them and hurried off to find her own parents.

Once all of the Weasley's had made their way to Molly and Arthur the parents took it in turn to apperate, taking their children one by one back to The Burrow.

That's the Chamber Of Secrets over with. I know I kind of did that pretty fast, but Venus didn't really do much in this year. The main significance of this book (for Venus) was how it effected Ginny and I think I kind of got that part.
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx