Chapter Twenty Two

"Do you think you could mope about anymore?" James chuckled as he sat beside Sirius on the sofa in the Gryffindor common room

"I'm not moping about." Sirius grumbled, folding his arms tightly around himself.
"Alright..." James frowned slightly, pushing his glasses up his nose, "How about that prank we were planning for next week? It's a little early but I think we could all do with a pick-me-up."
"I don't know... Not really feeling up to it."

"What about we find a girl to set you up with? I reckon there's a few girls you haven't made out with left." James smirked.

"Alright, let's go find Moony and Peter to do this prank then."

Asteria wrapped her scarf around her neck tightly, adjusting her broom beneath her arm as she walked back towards the castle. She'd spent every spare second over the past week practicing her quidditch - what for she didn't know. Asteria's robes billowed around her legs and her cheeks were a vibrant shade of red as she entered the warmth of the castle and pulled her hood down.

"Halloway... Fun practice?" Regulus sneered, leaning against the doorway as Asteria passed.

"Black, what do you want?" She asked, moving away from him.
"How's my brother?"
"Why don't you ask him yourself if you care so much." Asteria replied coldly, glaring at him out of the corner of her eye.

Regulus chuckled as he walked beside her, "We all know I'm the better brother. Did you fall out or something?"
"Since when did you care?" She retorted.
"Shame I missed the Christmas meal... Sounded like you had a great time."

"What do you want, Regulus?" She folded her arm and rested against the tattered broom.
"Just checking up on how my favourite mudblood is doing."

Asteria turned to face him, holding her hand to her chest. "Your favourite? Wow I'm so blessed, thank you so much."

Regulus chuckled lightly as she rolled her eyes.
"Have I not been tormented enough recently? You catching up for lost time?"

Regulus chuckled again.

"Seriously, what do you want?" Asteria frowned.

"You know you're not so spineless after all." Regulus began, eyeing Asteria up and down, "When you were bothered by Avery and Mulciber and the others, you used to be really quiet and not say anything back. You were boring. Then I saw you hanging around with my brother and I heard he invited you over to our house and... I wanted to know why he was so interested in you."

She didn't exactly know what to say. Regulus had never exactly been horrid to her, but he'd never done anything to stop it so she'd always labelled him just as bad.