-4-

School went by way too fast and before I knew it I was getting ready for dinner with the Alphas and Nathen. I was extremely nervous. The Alpha female was always kind to me, but Alpha Landon always had my wolf and me on edge. It probably had to do with his strict demeanor.

I wore a baby pink strapped dress that reached my mid thigh. I paired it with some white sneakers. I took the time to straighten my hair until it was pin straight. For my makeup, I wore eyeliner, mascara, and a clear lip gloss. I took in my appearance one last time before I grabbed my keys and phone then left my room.

My father and brother were walking into the house when I entered the living room.

"Hey, dinner is in the fridge." I said as I headed for the door.

My father grabbed my arm, pulling me back before I could leave the house. "Where are you going?" He asked as he narrowed his eyes.

"Luna Giselle invited me to dinner. I sent you a text this morning papa."

He scratched his beard in confusion. "Landon didn't say anything about it."

I chuckled, "But I did. See you guys later." I placed a kiss on his and my brother's cheek then left.

I hopped into my car then backed out of the driveway.

The drive to the pack house was only a 15 minute drive. I parked next to Nathan's car and sighed. I took a second to calm my nerves then got out of the car. Luna Giselle was the first to greet me as I walked through the doors.

"Parmus! You look so lovely." She said as she pulled me into a hug.

"Thanks, so do you Luna"

She wore a navy blue dress that matched her dark blue eyes. Her blonde hair was curled in lose spirals falling down to her shoulders.

She grabbed my hand. "Come on dinner is almost ready." She led me to the dining room.

Alpha Landon sat at the head of the table while Nathan sat on his left. They were having a discussion about the pack when we entered. They ceased their conversation when they noticed our presence. Luna Giselle took her seat to the right of Alpha Landon. Nathan turned and patted the seat next to him. I smiled and sat next to him.

"Parmus." Alpha Landon said, acknowledging my presence.

I bowed my head in submission before he nodded his head in approval. Luna Giselle placed her hand over Alpha Landon's hand. His eyes lit up as he stared at her in admiration.

Courtni, one of the packs cooks placed plates of chicken scampi in front of us. It's smelled delicious and I was ready to dig in but waited patiently for Alpha Landon to eat first. Once he took a bite of his food, I dug in.

Alpha spoke after a couple of minutes of us eating in silence. "How are your classes going Parmus? I heard you were in all AP classes. That's impressive."

"It's okay. It's a little rough at times, but I think I've gotten the hang of it." He nodded at my answer.

"What do you plan on doing after graduation?" Luna Giselle asked. They all focused their attention on me as they waited for my answer.

"Well, I'd like to go to college." Luna Giselle and Alpha Landon shared an uneasy look. I glanced at Nathan to see if he had an explanation for their exchange, but he just shook his head, silently telling me not to worry about it.

A few minutes later Noah walked into the room. He was the youngest of the two brothers. He was in my grade but we rarely ever shared words.

"You're late." Alpha stated. Noah sat next to his mother and dig into his food, completely ignoring his father's statement.