32

The elevator stopped with a clang.

I fluffed up my fur with a small growl as the doors opened.

Steve set me on the floor, "Be careful Dot," he told me as he and Bucky stepped out on high alert.

A loud noise sounded from behind us as we walked up a few stairs.

Steve raised his shield to cover himself and some of Bucky.

Bucky had the gun he took aimed and ready.

"You ready?" Steve asked quietly.

"Yeah," was all Bucky told him as he positioned the gun in a more comfortable position.

The doors opened to reveal... Tony? "You seem defensive," Tony told the two as he walked forward.

Steve and Bucky were still on high alert, "It's been a long day," Steve told him warily.

I was perched behind Bucky's legs, watching on.

"At ease soldier, I'm not currently after you," Tony called to Bucky, making me growl.

"Then why are you here?" Steve asked.

"Could be your story's not so crazy, maybe," Tony was looking around cautiously as well.

"Ross has no idea I'm here. I'd like to keep it that way," Tony told us, his black eye seemed to worsen as he got closer.

"Otherwise, I gotta arrest myself," Tony told him with a wave of his arm.

Steve seemed to relax. "Well that seems like a lot of paperwork," Steve snarked. "Good to see you Tony," Steve told him as he lowered his shield completely.

"You too Cap," Tony agreed.

Bucky didn't relax, "Hey Manchurian Canidate, you're killing me, there's a truce here. You can drop..." Tony motioned to the gun.

He only lowered it after Steve nodded his head.

My tail twitched as we moved farther into the base.