03

Erik Tomlinson is a man of many attributes

Erik Tomlinson is a man of many attributes. With his brown hair and big brown eyes, how he commands attention immediately he steps into a room. In short, there are a lot of words used to describe Erik but patience isn't a part of it and watching the third youngest in his household peel a boiled egg like it was something precious was starting to get on his nerve. Not wanting to be angry at the table, he scowls and gets up from his seat, ignoring the way people tried to lean away from him, not wanting to be at the receiving end of his explosion.

He makes his way to the kitchen and grabs the pack of Cheerios and turns to make his way out of his kitchen when he sees Michel, his Beta waiting for him, his already practised Erik you've done bad look on his face and Erik hates that face, it almost makes him feel like a seven year old.

"You've got to control your temper." Michel says, his deep voice bouncing around the kitchen and falling off Erik's ears.

"I didn't do anything."

Michel rolls his eyes at his friend and slammed something onto the table. Erik lazily drags his gaze from his friend down to the table where the mangled spoon rests.

"I didn't do nothing."

"You tend to squeeze things when you are angry." Michel berates, almost making a tut tut sound. "Remember when the kids broke the mug yesterday and you squeezed the carton of milk, splattering it everywhere." Michel says, running his hand through his hair, low by the sides but high at the top.

Erik is tempted to punch Michel in the throat but he knows it wasn't going to keep his beta and friend down, not that he knows this from experience. No. he lets out a sigh and slams his box of Cheerios on the table. He knows the other pack members were listening in and he had to pick his words carefully.

"Fine, I'll stop."

"Good." Michel smiles brightly at him and leaned closer to pat Erik's shoulder. They were roughly the same height but Erik was taller with a few more inches and a bit bigger with his muscles unlike Michel lean build.

"Now get the hell out of my way, I've got work to do."

"Aren't you going to welcome the new guy to town?" Michel asks curiously as he followed Erik out of the kitchen and up the stairs, turning towards Erik's wing of the building. Immediately they got into the wing, everywhere became quiet, the only sound heard was the sound of each other's heart beat to the other's heightened senses. Erik rolled his eyes as Michel followed him into the room and sits down on the chair across him.

"He had dinner with Gabriel."

Erik looks at Michel in shock, his eyebrow arched so high they were almost at his hairline. He leans into his swivel chair and runs his fingers though his hair.

"He can look after himself, Michel. Gabe isn't a kid anymore."

"He hates that name and you know it!" Michel growls, a burst of anger flowing through him. He blinks in confusion at himself while Erik smiles for the first time that morning, he leans forward, his hands folded on the table. "He's your brother Erik, you have to know these things. We know nothing about the man he had dinner with, he could be dangerous for all we know."