35

I managed to chase him all the way outside, but the catman beat me to it.

It wasn't much of a challenge to take him down.

I lingered in the doorway of the base, fur puffed up and growling.

"I almost killed the wrong man," the catman said as he took off his helmet.

The guy took his phone away from his ear, "Hardly an innocent one," he told the catman, who was slowly creeping behind him.

"This is all you wanted? To see them rip each other apart?" the catman asked.

"My father lived outside the city, I thought we would be safe there. My son was excited, he could see the Ironman from the car window. I told my wife, 'Don't worry, they're fighting in the city. We're miles from harm...' When the dust cleared, and the screaming stoppped... It took me two days until I found their bodies. My father still holding my wife and son in his arms... And the Avengers? They went home, I knew I couldn't kill them. More powerful men than me have tried, but if I could get them to kill each other... I'm sorry about your father, he seemed a good man. With a dutiful son,".

The catman stopped a few feet behind him, "Vengeance has consumed you, it's consuming them. I'm done letting it consume me. Justice will come soon enough," the catman seemed a lot wiser than I'd thought.

"Tell that to the dead," the man told him before putting a gun to his own head.

Catman was quick to disarm him and put him in a chokehold. "The living are not done with you yet," catman assured him.

As soon as I stepped outside I was seeing double.

I stumbled my way over to the catman as he released the guy from inside.

He was now unconcious as the catman stood up, shaking off snow.

He turned as he heard me stumble through the snow.