FIFTEENㅡEXECRATION

since taehyung's parents were out of the house for the weekend, seokjin ended up attempting to make dinner for the other three boysㅡconsidering taehyung and his parents apparently weren't good at keeping track of food and other necessities and always said "we'll just go to the store tomorrow," there wasn't much left for the older boy the work with.

"how the fuck are you guys even surviving?" taehyung heard seokjin shout for the fiftieth time. the brunet stormed into the living room as he continued his rant. "all you guys have is expired milk and stale lucky charms. food that isn't expired is one of the biggest priorities to living. my family looks down upon people like you. i'm ordering pizza."

jeongguk giggled as he heard taehyung snort from the other side of the couch. "sorry, your highness, i'll make sure to buy only the highest quality of lucky charms from now on. just for you."

seokjin huffed, settling down on the soft carpet, pressing his back against taehyung's legs.

"seokjin?" taehyung asked, curling a strand of the boy's finger in his hair. "you know there's a lot of couch available still?"

"yeah, but i need to sit next to you, but i also need jeongguk to sit next to you, and since you guys are being all awkward after that kiss here i am."

jeongguk's eyes widened. "you told them?"

"don't fool yourself." jimin didn't look up from his phone, supposedly texting either yoongi or hoseok. "and don't pretend that you didn't know we were eavesdropping either."

jeongguk sunk back into the couch, his eyes slowly drifting toward seokjin, who was staring at him from the floor.

"this is your cue to sit next to him, dude," seokjin said, gesturing to the large gap in the couch.

jeongguk's eyebrows furrowed. "but then you won't get to sit next to hi-"

"i've obviously worked my way around it. now sit next to the boy," seokjin sighed.

"don't push it too far, seokjin. we've only just started being actual friends today," taehyung mumbled, reminding his friends of the situation.

"i know, i know. a rushed relationship usually doesn't work out that well in the end, but you literally kissed the dude, so me wanting you two to sit next to each other shouldn't be asking too much." seokjin responded, fiddling with his sweatshirt sleeve as he started to hum. "can somebody else order the pizza? i suddenly remembered i have an essay to finish."

jimin shut his phone off. "you're staying here though, right?"

"of course," seokjin said with a smile. "i can just go into whatever room you guys aren't using so i won't get distracted as easily."

"i was going to say. if you left i would have been really pissed," taehyung laughed hugging around the brunette's neck.

"you guys aren't getting rid of me that easily," seokjin said, giving taehyung a quick hug before moving to leave the room. however, jimin pulled the elder into his lap, discarding his phone entirely. "jimin, i didn't- i have to go work on my essay! i didn't consent to this!"

"let me cuddle you."

at around eight, they had finally finished off the pizzas, and jimin and taehyung had somehow drifted off to the latter's room as seokjin worked quietly at the dinner table. jeongguk decided that since he had already eaten dinner like he was asked, it was time to leave. he opened the front door and pulled his keys out of his pocket.

however, seokjin seemed to have another idea. the older boy kicked the door shut before jeongguk leave, using his hands to spin the ravenette around. "not so fast, speedy gonzales."

"what did you just call me?" jeongguk asked, dropping his keys in surprise. he shook his head at seokjin. "never mind. i have to go home-"

"no you don't." seokjin picked up the keys, placing them in the pocket of jeongguk's sweatshirt. he patted them gently. "i've already sent your mother a text. you really need to put a password on your phone."

"seokjin, i can't stay here! it's still really awkward with taehyung and i don't have any extra clothes," jeongguk whined.

"so? you can borrow from somebody. taehyung has an entire selection of clothes for you and if that doesn't work, jimin and i always bring extra shit." seokjin moved to stay behind jeongguk, guiding him in the direction of the stairs. "now get up there and talk to them."

"i don't know what i'm supposed to say! i'm stayingㅡcould you at least help me out? i'll do your essay for you."

seokjin scoffed in response, and jeongguk could already tell that was a no. "you do you and i'll do me and we won't do each other. probably."

seokjin paused. "that's a really good poem. i should write that down."

with one last shove, jeongguk was heading up the stairs towards his infinite doom. (maybe he was being a bit dramatic about the situation, but he was nervous, so can you blame him?)

however, when he opened the bedroom door, taehyung greeted him with open arms

and he felt right at home.

i'm trying really hard not to rush this just so i can get to act two ok u guys are lucky i'm actually trying bc i enjoy this story

also happy valentine's day biches