86. IRL

A cheer went up as Candice stood.

"OK, settle down," she said with a smile. You could tell that she loved the attention she was getting.

"As the party planner, Paul and Cece are letting me make a really quick speech." As she said the word 'speech', people began to fill and hold their glasses.

"So, I've been with these two through every step of their relationship. I was actually one of the first people to find out about it, after Claire and I walked in on them... otherwise occupied."

This got a laugh around the room as both Paul and Cece blushed.

"But anyway, I got to know them separately, and then I got to know them together. And I can honestly say that I have never met two people more made for each other than these two."

She turned to the couple.

"I am so incredibly happy for you guys. You're amazing together and I'm sure that everyone here wishes you a lifetime of happiness. So, if we could all raise a glass to the happy couple?" Everyone raised their glasses.

"To Paul and Cece!"

"To Paul and Cece!" Everyone repeated.

Cece stood up and gave Candice a tight hug, preparing to give her own speech.

"First of all, let's hear it for our amazing party planner, Candice!" Everyone cheered and clapped loudly.

"I just wanted to say quickly, on behalf of both Paul and myself, how happy and grateful we both are that you're all here. And that you're all in our lives. No doubt we're going to have our ups and downs, but the support of you guys is so incredible, it really tells us that we can make it through anything that comes our way."

The crowd cheered again.

"And before I finish, we just wanted to do one quick thing, to show our appreciation for this gorgeous party." She turned to Candice.

"Candice, you are, without a doubt, the best party planner on the face of the earth. Will you be our wedding planner?"

Candice's eyes widened and a huge grin took over her face. "Oh my God, of course!" she said, jumping up and wrapping her arms around Cece. "I love you guys."

"We love you too," Paul said, also giving her a hug. So far, they'd only made one decision regarding their wedding. But already, this decision was the best one.