Sweet Dreams

Ling Ling soon gathered the dirty teacups and untouched packets of crackers on a tray and took them with her to the kitchen. Her mother chased after her, her voice plunged into affectionate plead far gentler and sweater than she was earlier.

"But Ling Ling, what if they offer the proposal to another girl? What're we going to do then?" Worry laced in her greedy voice. 

"Well, ma. I doubt they'll go around the entire town offering a marriage proposal to every girl, that would make them look desperate."

It crossed her mind that she might've been their first choice since her family was poor and desperate enough for any kind of luck that came their way. The thought itself was enough to make Ling Ling hasten her pace, she rushed to the kitchen and dropped the dishes gently in the sink.

"Hai ya! Don't make them wait too long, they might still change their minds." Her mother breathed.

"I won't..." Said Ling Ling as she turned the water on.

The sound of gushing water immediately soothed her ears, Ling Ling watched the flowing water spilled out of the faucet hypnotically. She placed her hand underneath it and relished the sensation of warm water calm her skin. 

Ling Ling found herself sleepy, suddenly so sleepy that she couldn't help but draw out a big yawn despite of being wide awake only moments before. Her entire body drained out of energy, her eyelids grew heavy losing her senses slowly until her she closed them all the way.

Ling Ling fell asleep, and when she opened her eyes again, she found herself in a dream. It was one of those rare vivid dreams where everything felt real.

Ling Ling surveyed the area, a haze of fog veiled the surrounding creating a dreamy effect.

A soft sound of someone's footsteps crunched from not too far away, Ling Ling turned over her shoulder when an apparition of a man materialized from the thick fog, making his way to her.

Ling Ling blinked as to clear her eyes and made sure what she saw was real.

"Bolin?" She whispered.

Bolin stood as casual and handsome as if he was still alive. He looked even more handsome than he was. His skin clearer and his hair fell perfectly shading his elegant eyebrows.

"Hello, Ling Ling." Bolin smiled, he wore the same smile that broke the hearts of a million girls in their town.

Ling Ling felt her blood rushed to her face, flushed. Even in her dream her shyness followed her. 

This had been the first time she got to admire Bolin like this, first time she'd been this close to him since they were children. Bolin was handsome, she thought. No wonder all those girls swooned over him.

But enough about that, she stepped closer as to reach her hand to his ghost, feel the sensation of his spirit in between the tips of her fingers when his apparition began to fade. Her dream was ending and there's was nothing she could do about it.

She launched forward reaching her hand to him when the drifting wind blew his ghost away.