Target 15 - Preparing

"...And that is why I want at least another one of us to go with him."

Surrounding a modern coffee table were seven people, each one corresponding to a colour of the rainbow yet the colour orange was missed; instead, two of the figures had similar colour schemes to one another.

They were all huddled around a single letter which was folded three times into a rectangle so that it would be easier to place inside an envelope.

The mood was quite thoughtful and almost desperate in nature. Clearly, the leader was the male sitting cross-legged on the ground with one of his arms propped up onto the coffee table. His cheek was settled on the lightly curled fist he formed with the same propped up arm.

His right hand, the opposite of the fist, lay on his thigh limply. A stylish fedora with only the small strip of hued fabric to indicate where he stands in the rainbow coloured group of peers.

A beautiful man with long, flowing dark hair turned to the raven and smiled softly. "Ah, I see now," he answered, his traditional Chinese clothing swaying slightly from the excess fabric which usually hung around as the sleeves of the garment.

"Well, I regret to say that I cannot attend. I am already going to the annual meet up that day and it simply cannot be rescheduled."

"I wanna go, Reborn, kora!"

"Idiot! We can't! We have to go with Mammon on that mission, remember?!"

"Awwwwh, come on, Lal, kora! Don't be a spoil sport!"

The blonde male pouted childishly while the dark bluette glared at him with an icy stare.

"I, for one, can join you if you would like, Reborn. I do miss Tsunayoshi," the long haired man proposed. Reborn gave a nod of approval towards the other dark haired male, Fon, and then turned to another of the figures.

He sighed. "I guess the lackey can join us," he said unsurely. The purple haired man who sat opposite of Fon perked up, smirking in anticipation (no doubt celebrating silently inside his head).

"Yay," the man cheered quietly, knowing that the raven would immediately stop him from coming if he made too much noise.

Instead, he turned to give his excited puppy-like look to Fon.

The other man just smiled and turned back to Reborn. "I am curious, old friend, why you are so bent on at least two of us coming along. Could it be that you have begun to... fall for this human, as they say?" Fon asked.

Reborn sputtered, having to cough to stop himself from almost choking on the air he breathed from the question. It had caught him off guard. That was enough of a response for all of the occupants of the room.

The raven was never caught off guard; he was "always prepared" as he would describe it himself. They all shared a knowing look, though their facial expressions remained indifferent.

Verde smirked mischievously to himself, before he excused himself and left with the flick of his lab coat. Mammon had left soon afterwards, going to check up on the money in the bank accounts within the group (as he usually did).

Soon after, Lal Mirch and Colonnello had left to train although it seemed more like Lal was forcing the blonde to train, as she dragged him by the ear the entire way there. 

"This thing is in a couple of weeks, isn't it Reborn?"

"Yes, it is," the raven answered, confirming the suspicion even though he had to glance quickly at the calendar hanging up on the wall. 16th March.