11- The Big Black Dog

The last day of summer before the Weasleys left to go to Diagon Alley came quickly, and found Venus sat in the family's small paddock up a neighboring hill.

She threw a rock and watched it skim it's way down the hill, bouncing off of patches of dirt as it did.

Venus was very conflicted about what to think. On the one hand she had parents and siblings who loved her, on the other she had a dead mother and a murderer for a father, who potentially wanted to kill her.

"Woof!" Venus whirled around to see that the source of the noise was a large black dog. "Woof!" It said again and padded closer to her.

Venus sighed and sat down on the ground looking towards the burrow.

The dog settled down beside her and bumped her shoulder with it's head.

Venus looked at the dog and couldn't help but laugh. It was standing on it's hind legs as if it thought it were a person.

She patted it's head, "thank you, I really needed that laugh."

********

"Are the rumors true?" Draco Malfoy drawled as Venus, Ginny, Ron Hermione and Harry climbed onto the train at Platform 9 3/4.

"Is your father really Sirius Black?" Malfoy asked.

Venus turned white as a sheet, she hadn't told anyone about what her parents had told her. Only Ginny knew.

"Shove off Malfoy," Ron rolled his eyes at the Slytherin, "Venus is a Weasley, if you don't back off I'll show you where you can shove your rumors."

It seemed as though ever since Black had escaped the wizarding population had become fixated on finding his missing daughter. This curiosity clearly spread to Hogwarts students as Venus hadn't even got on to the train and was already being asked questions.

"So this Sirius Black hey." Mali had eventually found Ginny and Venus's compartment, "is he really as dangerous as the prophet is making him out to be."

Ginny nodded, "right after You Know Who was defeated he killed thirteen people, twelve of them were muggles! And the only part of the wizard he did kill that they found was his finger. They say he..." Ginny trailed off when she saw Venus's face, "sorry."

Mali looked between the two girls, "am I missing something here?" She asked, "I feel like I'm missing something."

"No," Venus shook her head, "you're not missing anything."

The three girls played a game of exploding snap and gorged themselves on sweets, but then, all of a sudden the train lurched forwards and stopped.

"Why are we stopping?" Venus asked, "we're nowhere near Hogwarts yet!" She got to her feet and stuck her head out of the compartment, all up the corridor other students were doing the same.

Then the lights flickered out and they were left in almost complete darkness.

"Let's go and find Ron and the others," Ginny suggested.

The three of them crept out of the compartment and felt their way up the corridor.

"Ow!" Ginny yelled after quite some time.

"Ow!" Another person said, clearly they had walked into each other.

"Ginny?" The person asked.

"Hermione?" Ginny sounded slightly relieved.

"Come in here!" Hermione pulled them into a compartment.

"I think someone is getting on the train." Ron's voice came from over by the window.

Venus sat down, "ow!" A voice said, "I'm sitting here!"

"Neville?" Venus quickly jumped up and sat down beside him close to the interior wall of the compartment.

"Hi."

"Ow Ginny that's my foot!" Ron complained.

"Gin that's my foot now!" Mali complained.

"Don't sit on me!" Harry protested as Mali almost sat in him.

"Quiet!" A husky voice silenced them all, Venus wasn't aware of the man's presence until that moment.

The compartment went silent.

The door was slowly pulled open and a cold feeling filled the compartment.

A sort of hazy mist crept into the edge of Venus's vision.

The creature floated further into the compartment and looked around.

The man who has told them all to be quiet got to his feet, "none of us is Sirius Black. Leave this train now." He said.

The creature didn't do this, instead it turned it's hooded face upon Venus. There was a thumping sound, as Harry hit the floor.

The creature wasnt phased, it drew a rattling breath and floated closer to Venus, cutting her off from everyone else and the door.

She was cornered, trapped and this thing. This dementor was going to kiss her, and doom her to a fate worse than death.

"I said leave," The man said again, more forcefully this time.

The creature ignored him, another one of the dementors glided into the compartment and faced Venus.

The mist over her eyes thickened and she heard shouts, screams of fear.

"MARLENE?" A voice yelled, "MARLENE?"

"Expecto Patronum!" Someone yelled and Venus's vision cleared. She was jolted back to reality and fell back against her seat, breathing heavily.

LUUUUUUPPPPPPPINNNNNNNN!!!!! Also what do you think of my new cover?
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx