Wedded Bliss (James Sirius Potter)

So it's been a while since I updated but I wanted to post to celebrate the 2 million views this book has received! Thanks for loving my work so far - and I hope you continue to like my new one shots too. 

It's only the second week of semester and I'm already busy with all the work so I won't be able to update this book as regularly as I want to. If I've accepted your request, then please be patient because I'll get around to it eventually.

This one shot was requested by Iamsotired123 who asked for JSP and a Ravenclaw reader ~

Weddings, generally acknowledged as a once in a lifetime event, were supposed to magical and if you listened to the wedding planner, each one had something different and special about them. But why did they all seem the same to me?

There was the usual white dress, the same ridiculous sort of cake, and the obnoxious kids running around the place as their parents took the chance to socialise. Even though the wedding was my aunt's, I could admit that it was boring. Although I kept that thought to myself – she'd turned into a right Bridezilla whilst planning the wedding. I suppose that it was a small mercy that she had accepted my refusal to act as her flower girl with nothing more than a disappointed sigh. But didn't she understand; I was in my fourth year now – far too old to be acting as a flower girl.

But no matter how I thought about it; weddings, in general, were just too boring. Now that the ceremony itself was over, we had joined the rest of the guests for the reception but at some point, my parents had disappeared to talk to some of their friends and my older sister was no better. Her boyfriend had arrived and whisked her off her feet and onto the dance floor, leaving me alone at the table. I contemplated rising from my seat to behave socially as well, but a quick glance around the room told me that I knew very few people at the wedding. Rowena, hardly any of them were around my age anyway.

I reached out to take a sip of my juice when the chair beside mine was pulled out from beneath the table. Turning towards it, I watched in surprise as a dark-haired boy settled down beside me. When he turned towards me, I very vaguely recognised him as the Gryffindor chaser who had aided his team to win the last game against Hufflepuff by an overwhelming lead. Waiting patiently to see what he wanted, I drew a little further away from him when he grinned suddenly.

"You go to Hogwarts, right?" he asked abruptly, pushing some of his hair out from his face when it fell into his eyes. He knew the knew answer to the question – the way he was looking at me told me that. But why did he see the need to ask it in the first place? Nodding anyway, I was unsure why his grin grew even more as if that was possible. Merlin, what was Potter smiling so brightly about? "I think I sat behind you in Charms last year?"

He tilted his head curiously at the prolonged silence that greeted his question. Thinking for a minute, I answered truthfully, "I honestly have no idea."

"Maybe not then." He shrugged, seeming to accept the answer. Angling his body towards my own, Potter pressed an arm against the table as he watched me closely. "So, what are you doing here Guaman?"

"It's a wedding," I said slowly, watching him strangely, "What do you think I'm doing here?"

Snorting quietly, he eyed me with a new light in his eyes. One corner of his lips lifted as he tried to fight a smile. "I knew there was a personality in there somewhere."

Pointedly ignoring his downright rude remark, I narrowed my eyes at him, "What are you doing here then?"

"Honestly, I have no idea," he admitted with a sigh that I wanted to mirror. "Mum used to play on the same Quidditch team as the bride and I guess they kept in touch. The moment mum got the invite, she practically ordered dad to clear his schedule the day."