Peanut Butter Promise

"They're back!" Carl runs into my cell as I'm trying to clean up a little. "Woaw. I can actually see the floor!"

I look up at him, a shirt in my hand I was just about to put away, smirking. "Shut up."

Carl smirks back, walking up to me. "Come on, they're back, you can clean all you want later." He grabs my hand and runs for the exit of the cell.

"It's not like I want to clean." I say just before I come to a stop. I tug Carl back before he could leave the room. He turns around to face me.

"Come on," He pleads a smile on his face. "I promise I'll help you clean if you come now."

"Okay!" I laugh at him, reaching for the sweatshirt on my bed. "I just need this." I let go of his hand, throwing the piece of clothing over my head to cover up my bandaged arms.

Carl gives me a weak smile but decides to not talk about the whole situation, and grabs my hand again. "Okay, let's go!"

I laugh as he pulls me through the corridors, out of the cell block, to see everyone standing around the truck that had just arrived home.

Home?

Is this what this is now? Home? And these people are my... family? I didn't want to think about it right now. I had a lot of thinking to do, and I didn't want to say something I shouldn't, so I pushed the thought away.

"Hold on." As we approach the vehicle, Carl drops my hand, running to his father. I laugh as I watch the young boy jump into his father's arms in a comforting hug.

I then heard the sound of Daryl's motorcycle. A smile grew on my face as I turned to see him pull up next to the van, before I remembered we had left off on a bad note.

My smile fades and I look away from him, just as he's getting off his bike and turns to look at me. "Hey," Michonne runs up to me, hands behind her back.

"Hey! Get anything good?" I ask, suddenly eager.

She nods, smiling, showing me three types of candy bars she had found. "I'd say I hit the jackpot." She grinned.

"Ah, YES MICHONNE!!" I cheer, jumping up and down, as I cannot contain my joy.

"Hey, Ally." I hadn't noticed Daryl who was now standing right next to me.

I stop being excited as I look up at him. His skin is coated in dirt and sweat. His hair hangs down in front of his face as he's looking down at me, squinting his eyes.

"Hey." I greet him but with no effort at all, whatsoever.

"Can I talk to you?" He then glances at Michonne before focusing back on me. "Alone..."

I look up at Michonne with an apologetic smile. "I'll talk to you later? Carl and I have a bet going on that you really need to be apart of."

Michonne smirks. "Sounds good." And then she slowly turns around and walks away.

I sigh, watching her leave me alone with my father. "Ally..."

I look up at him, squinting from the bright sun. "Daryl..."

He then reached down into his bag that is hanging loosely on his shoulder. He zips open a pocket and holds out a blue jar to me. I hesitate, examining the jar before slowly taking it in my hands.

"What's this?" I ask, looking up at Daryl.

He zips his bag closed, bringing it further up onto his shoulder. "Open it."

I hesitate, staring up at him. "What is it?"

"Don't be a pussy and just open it." He tells me, a joking smirk on his face.