Chapter 36

~~~~~~~~~~~Samantha~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been half an hour since Oliver came back, but I was still mad at him for not telling me the thing Julianne said about me so I was not talking to him properly.

"Is everything alright Sam?"

"Yes", I said and dug my face again into the book which I was pretending to be reading.

Giving up a sigh, he came closer to me and snatched the book from my hand.
"Oliver, please give it back to me", said.

"I will give it back if you'll tell me which book this is", he said hiding the book behind his back with one hand.

"What do you mean? Give it back please!" I said.

"You were certainly not reading it. Tell me what is bothering you?" He asked throwing the book at a corner.

Without replying I just folded my arms over my chest and turned my face away from his.

He came and sat next to me, and placing his hand under my chin turned my face towards him and said,"baby please, what's the matter? Please tell me!"

"Would you like if I'll hide things from you? Things which concerns us. Which could affect our relationship", I asked looking into his eyes.

"What did I hide?" He asked.

"Try to recall, isn't there something you want to tell me", I said.

He ran his fingers through his hair closing his eyes for few seconds, before looking back at me he said, "I don't remember. Please don't talk in riddles. Tell me, what is it?"

"Julianne put some serious allegations on me the other night and you couldn't tell me. Forget telling me, after that you even invited her home in my absence and then went with her for her meeting", I complained.

I expected some apologetic reply from him, but instead what I got was a loud laugh. And to my dismay he kept laughing holding his tummy for good five minutes. "Oh my goodness Sam, you...you really scared me this time", he said catching his breath.

"I don't understand. What is so funny in it?" I was mad, like really mad.

"Well the funny thing is that you think anyone like Julianne can come, cook up a stupid story in her mind and make me believe that." He came closer leaning over me giving a small peck on my forehead, looking into my eyes he said, "Sam, it's funny that you think that I am so shallow to just believe it. I trust you. I know you. And I believe you know me too to understand that rumors, and stories like this will not change my feelings for you. Because my feelings are real. I have never loved any girl like this. And I feel so proud to realize the fact that you are mine, that I can never ever let you go away from me".

He was right. I shouldn't have cared about all this, because at the end of the day he was with me. He has always been. And then it reminded me of Ben's words 'if Oliver really loves you then Julianne or anyone else can not do anything to break you two'.

Suddenly this new realization filled my heart with so much love and pride for Oliver. Without saying anything I cozied up putting my arms across him resting my head on his chest as his strong arms wrapped me up under his protection.

                       ********

"Oliver, seriously we have been driving since last one hour, now at least tell me where we are going", I asked him for the nth time.

"Sweetheart, basic rule of surprise is that you don't get to know about it till the last moment", he replied giving me a quick glance before fixing his gaze back towards the road.