Nayeon - False Hope

Y/N's POV

It was my last year as a senior and I decided to join the soccer team. Even though it was my first actual time playing soccer I wanted to try new things out. My first week I became friends with this girl who was also a senior. You've guessed it. It was Nayeon.

At first, Nayeon was very friendly. I thought maybe we can become friends. After a couple weeks we became really close. We started walking to practice together. Sometimes I would walk her home since her house was near the school. We would always hang out at the park or library near her house. We were both inseparable. I started realizing that I fell for her. I fell for my friend. I thought that the feeling I was feeling was just a sister feeling. But I also realized that she was often touching me. Like my hands, arms, wrist, waist, and legs. I thought it was you know "normal". Maybe that's how I caught feelings. Anyways, I caught feelings for my friend and I didn't know how to break it down. I didn't want our friendship to be ruined so I kept quiet. Eventually soccer season ended and we stopped talking. I was kind of hurt but I got over it. 2 months later we pass by each other in the hallways.

"Kang Y/N?!?" Nayeon said.

"Oh...Nayeon-ah....." Well this is awkward.

"How are you?" She was the one to break this awkwardness.

"I'm good. How about you?" I asked.

"Oh me too." She replied and gave me one of those killing smiles.

"Um..I would like to talk more but I really got to go. Um....talk to you later??" I said.

"Yeah sure. See you later." She said and walked towards me. I thought she wanted a hug so I went in but nope. She kissed my cheeks then left. I REPEAT SHE KISSED MY CHEEKS!!!!! Gosh I don't want this stupid feeling to come back again. I went to my class with a red face.

//Time Skip//

I just got out of the shower when my phone vibrated. I looked at it and saw that Nayeon had texted me.

Nayeonie: Hey? Are you busy right now?

Y/N: No why?? Do you need something?

Nayeonie: I want to ask you a question...

Y/N: What's up?

Nayeonie: Would you date me if I asked you out?

My heart dropped right there. Is she confessing??? Does she like me?????? Is she messing around?????? Is she being serious??????? I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!

Y/N: What???

Nayeonie: I knew your answer was gonna be a no. It's okay. Sorry for asking you a dumb question.

Y/N: YES! I would date you.
Ya pabo-ah! Why write yes in all capital letters. Gosh she's gonna think you REALLY like her.

Nayeonie: Really??!!! I was expecting a no.

Y/N: I would date you....

Nayeonie: Aww that's nice knowing. Um talk to you later. I got to go to sleep now. Goodnight baby~😘

My heart dropped. I mean this isn't the first time she had called me baby. In fact she calls everyone baby🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️💔💔💔.

The next day before I went to sleep I texted her because my curiosity was killing me.

Y/N: Hey! Who do you like??
Is it me???? I hope it's me!!!!

Nayeonie: I have been liking this person for 2 months now. That person is just so charming. 😍😍🤤
Am I charming????? Not really.....BUT it could still be me. I mean she's been giving me signs.

Y/N: So who is it?
Please let it be me!!!!!!

Nayeonie: Jinyoung. Isn't he handsome?!!😍😍😍 His abs are so sexy!!!
Pabo!!! You got your hopes up again for nothing. Well, part of it was her fault. She made it seemed like she liked me😪. I will forever be alone.

Nayeonie: Hello Y/N??? Why aren't you answering???
Shit! I forgot to reply.

Y/N: Oh sorry! I fell asleep. Haha. Um goodnight.

If only she knew how I really felt. If only she didn't give me false hope.😪💔

A/N: So how's the one shot??? I know I'm still kind of bad at writing but I'm trying. Anyways please vote and request anything you guys want!!!