Gloomy

I sat alone in the dark room. The air was gloomy and thick with the scent of coffee. That familiar smell welcomed me to the place I loved most, the place I called home. Of course, I didn't really live there at the bookstore. But with everyone here so loving it was hard not to wanna. I turned the page of my book, the slight pitter patter of the rain in the back of my mind. Love was everywhere. I could see it in the way people took care of one another, the way everyone is drawn to their one single person. I could even see it in the grass, the way it grew together so peacefully. I looked away. I could see sadness. The empty streets held but one lonely passerby holding their head down low. Their aura was just full of sadness. I tried to look closer, for some sign of joy, but I saw none. He kept walking, and soon walked away. The smell of coffee had already faded from the air and I took it as a sign of closing time. I took my book and left.

I didn't really care if my shift wasn't even over. I just wanted to go home. Walking down the streets with my black umbrella I finally spotted some color. A bright green umbrella just ahead of me. I sped up to see who held it to be flashed with a beautiful-rainbow of her.

"Hello."

I whispered stopping at the bus-stop.

"Hi"

She said back.

"It's a lot of rain today, huh."

"Mhm. Would you call it pretty or sad?"

She seemed awestruck by my question, as if she had never heard it before.

"I think there is beauty in everything. You can't just label everything sad and expect to be yourself, you know?"

With that she got on her bus, and left.

_______________________________
ATTEMPT NUMBER ONE AT SOME SUPER COOL CONCEPT THINGY THANK YOU V MUCHU