RM

I was in my room, laying in bed as I stared at the ceiling. I kept thinking about the last thing my boyfriend told me. He mentioned that he's been offered a huge opportunity to work with other music artists which I don't mind but what I do mind is that he'll be traveling almost everyday.

When I told him that I didn't want him to travel, he got upset and it just turned into this huge argument. He walked out and hasn't returned. It's been hours.

I kept checking my phone, hoping he left any messages but there was nothing. Regret lingered in my mind. I regret yelling at him. We've never had an argument like this before which is why I'm afraid Namjoon will break up with me.

I sighed and threw my phone aside, making it bounce off the bed and onto the floor. I didn't care if my cellphone cracked, all I cared about was apologizing to Namjoon.

I heard the front door open, causing me to quickly sit up. Namjoon's footsteps can be heard across the hall, getting closer each second. As soon as he stepped into the bedroom, I stood up and hugged him, burying my face into his shoulder.

"I'm sorry Namjoon. I shouldn't have said those things to you. I'm happy that your boss gave you this opportunity to expand your work. I was just worried that if you did end up traveling, you'd break up with me",I said.

"(Y/n)..", he placed his hands on my shoulders and lightly pushed me away.

"That's what they want me to do", he said.

"They want you to break up with me if you end up going? Huh..well that means you're not going right? Because you love me..right? You wouldn't go if it means breaking up with me....right?", I asked, feeling more afraid as I saw the look on his face, the look of being apologetic.

"(Y/n) I'm going", he said.

"What?? Why?? I'm okay with you going but that was before I knew you had to break up with me. I don't want us to break up. Please don't do this", tears flowed down my eyes as I looked at him.

"This is my career we're talking about. I do love you. I love you so much. But I won't get another opportunity like this if I pass it off. You know how important this is. I've been talking about it since before we were together. If you really loved me, you'd let me go", he said.

"And if you really loved me, you wouldn't go", I raised my voice.

"(Y/n), if you were in my place, I would've let you go", Namjoon said, remaining calm.

"If I were in your place, I wouldn't have gone. You're being unfair", I crossed my arms over my chest while trying to stop the tears.

"Look, I wish I can take you with me but I can't. And anyways it's not like I'm gonna be traveling forever. When I'm done, I'll come back", he said, reaching over to grab my hands but I pulled away quickly.

"You don't even know how long you're gonna be gone. I'm not gonna wait ten, twenty, or even thirty years for you. I can't wait that long. If you're going to travel, you're breaking up with me permanently. Are you really gonna throw away three years of being together for that?", I asked, looking deeply into his eyes and hoping he would stay.

"I've been preparing myself for this my whole life.(Y/n), this is huge. Don't you get it? I'm traveling around the world to work with other artists. I'll be getting paid more than I usually do and I-"

"So money is more important than your girlfriend? You're choosing money over love?", I scoffed and tried to keep myself sane.

"You're twisting my words. I wanna do this. I really think this is good for me and I feel like you should be supporting me. When you went off to college, I didn't like it but I knew it was gonna make you happy so I didn't say anything", he said.

"That's not the same. I was gone only almost half the day for three years. I'm not gonna be able to see you", I sighed, desperate for him to change his mind.

"I'm going. Whether you like it or not. I'm gonna go pack because I'm leaving in a few hours. (Y/n), I'm sorry", he said before grabbing a suitcase out from the closet.

I slowly laid down on the bed and covered myself with the blankets. I watched quietly as Namjoon placed his things into his suitcase. I kept wishing and praying that he would change his mind but the tears only worsened as he continued to fold his clothes away. After he finished, he looked up at me and sighed, biting his lip as he felt upset.

"(Y/n), I love you-"

"No you don't. You're breaking up with me so you don't love me", I mumbled quietly.

"I'm sorry. I don't know how many times do I have to tell you that. You must understand that I'm doing this for me. Look, I'll talk to them. I'll try to convince them but if that doesn't work then I'm sorry. Just don't be sad because of me. Didn't you say you wanted to go to Italy? You should go with your sister. Do whatever you can to get yourself out of the house because I know this hurts you and I don't want you to be staying in the house. Please, (y/n)", he kneeled down in front of me and pushed some of my hair away from my face.

I silently sat up and wiped away the tears. I know I'm being selfish for not wanting Namjoon to leave me to pursue his career but that's only because he the first boyfriend that ever really cared for and about me.

"Promise me that you'll come back. I would hate to lose you forever", I said.

"I promise. I promise I'll come back", he sighed in relief.

I wrapped my arms around him as he did the same. I wanted the hug to last forever but sadly only lasted about a minute before he had to leave. He promised me he would come back so I believe he will come back.
______________________________

Geez I have no time to update now. I'll do my best though!

And I know some of you guys are wondering when I'll be updating the Jimin ff story and honestly I have writer's block. But don't worry! I'll try to update that soon.

And thank you for your patience! Y'all are the best!❤️