Chapter twenty seven

"What the fuck happened to your hair?" Viv said as I walked into the condo.

"Rough night." I snickered and took off my jacket. A chorus of gasps echoed through the living room as all eyes were on my arms.

I threw it on the hook as I let out a content sigh. For some reason, I felt elated.

"Are you going through that rebellious teenage phase or something?" Ellie asked from her spot on the couch.

I chuckled and pulled my hair out of the bun.

"Nope, more like becoming my actual self." I glanced around the room as my eyes landed on Ny who was eyeing me weirdly. I smiled widely and walked up to her. "Ny sweet Ny." I grabbed her face between my hands.

"What the fuck are you doing?" She asked while I squished her cheeks.

"You're out of the band, just what you wanted right?." I chuckled and patted her cheeks before pulling away. "Ok. I need at least twelve hours of sleep so I'll be in my room. If you need me...don't need me." I jogged up the stairs and opened my bedroom door. I smiled at the sight of the warm looking bed and dove onto the mattress.

I crossed my arms behind my head as I fell asleep with a smile etched on my face.

-

"You're twentieth birthday is coming quickly, any plans?" The interviewer asked.

"Not really but miraculously my birthday lands on the first day of EDC." I shrugged slyly with a teasing smirk.

"Ooh someone's looking to turn up." I laughed and shifted in my spot.

"Either that or Coachella. Haven't really decided yet."

"Both are great options. So besides birthdays and music and other stuff, how are you personally?"

I hummed as I ran a hand through my still pink hair.

"Well, everyone goes through shit, you know? I'm still going through a tough time but I have a good group of friends who are there to have my back. So, I'd say I'm doing pretty good." He nodded and looked at the card in his hand.

"Honestly, friends are the greatest when you're going through hard times." I nodded in  agreement. "I'm going to ask you about something..." I shook my head with a chuckle as I knew what he was going to talk about. "Vanessa...what happened man?"

I pursed my lips as I played with the mic cord in my hands.

"Well," I sighed and shrugged. "Shit happens, relationships end. It's life."  I smiled lightly as I wrapped the mic cord around my finger.

I couldn't help but feel an immense longing for the dane. I missed her, that was an understatement.

No matter how much I hated to admit it, she still had my heart.

"Well it was great seeing you Y/n, goodluck with everything in your career." I smiled and shook his hand.

"Thank you Jared."

"Make sure you guys check out Y/n's new song, I don't fucking care. It's a bop. We out." He held up a peace sign at the camera before he signalled we were done. "Cool. Mind if we take a quick selfie?"

"Let's do it." I turned my hat backwards as I pointed at the camera as I winked.

"Thanks Y/n." I smiled and handed him the mic.

"No problem." Dana led me out of the interview room thing as we walked down the corridor.

When I went to pull my phone out, I bumped into someone.