1: Out From The Frying Pan Into The Fire

JESSE, WHO THOUGHT he was only knocked out realized he died upon recollecting his memories that included information of another world

JESSE, WHO THOUGHT he was only knocked out realized he died upon recollecting his memories that included information of another world. An alternate Earth, but of a different dimension. And of a different identity.

He now resided within a certain Zhao Feng Mian, a girl disguised as a boy since she was born. This stemmed from the moment the last inheritor, her grandfather, made the will that only a son after his son's generation can be seated as the family head, as well as the sole receiver of the 45% share in the company, automatically making the inheritor the owner of the company.

When Zhao Feng Mian was just born from the legal wife, her father —Zhao Luyang— deceived everyone that the eldest daughter was a boy, killing everyone who knew about this secret (even the mother was fooled, while Feng Mian herself was threatened). Since Feng Mian was the first ever known grandson even amongst the branch families, the inheritance was reserved under her name. Hence, her father automatically became the proxy.

Years later, suddenly, a younger sister was introduced into the family. This younger sister was exactly the cause of Feng Mian's downfall and the source of all her hatred, envy and jealousy.

When the legal wife found out of the 12 years old daughter from a mistress, she was so depressed she died after only half a year. Ever since, it became even clearer which of the children Zhao Luyang doted, eventually forcefully changing the previous inheritor's will.

Many opposed, but he was the proxy and he also had many supporters as he spent his money to curry favor from other executives and shareholders. 2 years later, he succeeded in making it possible so that the 14 years old youngest daughter can compete with the eldest 'son' in becoming the company owner.

Without as many backers, Feng Mian's standing in the company grew weaker. It also did not help that her own father put a lot of effort in impeding her growth in many ways, to the point he'd attempt to kill her too!

"A woman's charm is indeed deadly. If my mother was that charming, I'd probably have a hard time refusing her whims as well... Haaa." Jesse muttered to himself while currently in the back compartment of a certain kidnapper's car. With his wrists bound by a rope, he laid helplessly in the darkness.

Jesse did not wait for events to slowly unfold themselves. She [A/N: From now on, Jesse is gonna be a she. Sorry Jesse. Your life is just so unlucky....] wriggled her wrists and legs to estimate how much she can loosen the ropes, only to feel dismay. Eventually, she grew desperate and wrung her wrist in weird angles, causing her so much pain.

When she finally relinquished herself from the bonds of the rope, the car stopped and the back compartment unlocked. Jesse immediately played dead, hands behind her back, holding onto the ropes.