iv. The Werewolf Curse

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

Four The Werewolf Curse

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

          An hour later, Stiles and I were lounging around my room, not saying a word. It wasn't an awkward silence. No, those I wouldn't be able to handle. They were always too frustrating, like an itchy blanket had fallen over you. This silence was soothing. We had been best friends for so long, that things like this weren't weird.

          I rolled over on my bed onto my stomach. I crossed my legs in the air, and propped my head under my elbows. Stiles swiveled around in my chair in front of the computer. He ran a hand over his adorable buzz cut.

          Wait, adorable? No, I did not just think that my best friend was adorable. It was too weird. Probably just a figment of my imagination that I just thought that. I shook my head before speaking.

          "So, what do you think is going on with Scott?" I asked him.

          Stiles shrugged. "I don't know. But whatever it is, it's weird."

          I though back to his little howling earlier. "Were you were joking about that whole wolf thing earlier?"

          "Well, it's totally crazy right?" he asked.

          I nodded. "I know that. Werewolves don't exist. But you don't find it funny at all that wolves haven't been in California for over sixty years, and all of a sudden Scott hears something howling and gets bit? And the fact that he has all these weird powers? Don't werewolves have like speed or super scent or flying or something?"

          He chuckled. "Did you seriously just say that wolves fly?"

          "Well, I don't know! Those weird flabby squirrels do it!" I laughed.

         "God, you're adorable," he mused. The second the words left his mouth his eyes widened.

         "Excuse me?" I asked, though I clearly heard him.

          "I-I, I should be getting, um, home. Yeah, I gotta go," he said, quickly getting up and walking to the door.

          I rolled off the bed, landing on my feet. By the time I got to the top of the stairs, he was already half way out my front door.

          "Wait, Stiles, you're still gonna pick me—" I began, before the door slammed shut. I sighed, "Up tomorrow?"

          I retreated back to my room, my head spinning in thought. Not only did I think he was adorable, Stiles had just called me the same exact thing. And then he got all nervous afterwards.

         No it meant nothing. I probably misheard him or something. But then again, what rhymes with adorable?

          As I got ready for bed, I tried to ignore the strange bubbly feeling I got thinking about it.