ix. WOLFSBANE ROPE

CHAPTER NINEWOLFSBANE ROPE

CHAPTER NINE
WOLFSBANE ROPE

"It's a wolf," Scott said, a really confused look on his face.

Stiles rolled his eyes. "Yeah, we can see that. I thought you smelled blood; as in human blood?"

"I told you something was different," Scott responded.

"This doesn't make sense," I said. "Why the hell does Derek have half a dead wolf buried in his front yard?"

"We gotta get out of here," Scott said, a slight panic to his tone.

"Yeah," Stiles agreed. "Okay, help me cover this up."

Stiles and Scott began reaching for their shovels when Stiles froze. He was looking at something in front of the hole. Scott and I, confused, followed his gaze.

A bright purple flower was planted in the ground. I cocked my head to the side. I knew what this was. Stiles had forced me to watch enough crappy monster movies and I had done a little research on werewolves. I got up slowly, making my way over to it. Crouching down next to it, I confirmed my assumption.

"What's wrong?" Scott asked Stiles, neither of the caring what I was doing.

"You see that flower?" Stiles asked him.

"What about it?"

I turned back to them. "It's wolfsbane."

Scott, as per usual, had no clue what Stiles and I were going on about. "What's that?"

Stiles scoffed. "Haven't you ever seen The Wolfman?" he asked Scott.

Scott shook his head. Oh dear, here we go.

"Lon Chaney Jr.? Claude Raines?" Stiles probed.

Another shake of the head.

"The original classic werewolf movie?" I laughed.

"No, what?" Scott asked, clearly wanting to get straight to the point.

"You are so unprepared for this," Stiles muttered, getting up to join me. Ever so slowly, he began uprooting the plant from the ground. And found it was attached to a rope.

"What the hell?" I muttered, following Stiles as he followed a rope.

We began pulling more and more of the rope up. It created a decently large pile in Stiles' hands. What was weird was that we were circling the 'grave' in a spiral like fashion.

As Stiles and I pulled more and more rope out of the ground, Scott stood up.

"Stiles, Carson," he said, sounding mystified.