Chapter - 8

"You will not say, right?"Ranbir asked Nandini who just shake her head in negative. She will never put danger on Mohan, no matter what happens to her. "Ok. Then let's start with your solo punishment." Ranbir declared and two of his member went inside farthest corner's room of ground floor. Nandini was scared, tensed, thinking all type of punishments – letting her eat more of her favourite food – yes that's now became punishment for her eating same food for so many days or another physical torture – slap, holding her hair. Ranbir was not like that! She thought in her mind. Really, do you know him anymore and what was he doing when he was slapping you!She thought again. This Ranbir, she does not know.

With sudden movement of footstep make her look up and what she saw, has terrified to the core. She could not believe that they can be so cruel; Ranbir can be so cruel and dangerous. The mere thought of him been soft previously wipe out from her mind. Nandini shrink back to the floor, merely audible sound of "No!" came out of her mouth. There are two guards who are holding two iron rod which are red as they seems out of oven now. "I saw how much you wanted to run away from here, from me. Even after warning you so many times. So, let's burn your feet and then see if you can run away from me or not."

All living person were shocked. Yes, they didknow that their boss is cruel and dangerous who give punishment when anyonetries to defy him, but never had they thought he can be so cruel towards hiswife. Nandini could think correctly, she just wants to run away from herpunishment, from here, from him. Without anymore thinking, she got up fromsitting position and tried to run away from this burning rod. Predicting thisreply her, Ranbir gave a silent instruction to his team and told "Hold her."Two of muscular guys hold Nandini by her arm while Nandini was kicking andscreaming "No... please ... please ... please ... No. Don't do this please. I willnever try ..." She could not continue as she was settling down at the floor bytwo guys and Ranbir holding the rod and coming towards her. It was always thepurpose of Ranbir, to scare her not to hurt her physically. "Stop Ranbirplease... don't this to me. I am your wife." Heard 'Wife'word does seem distasteto Ranbir but he said "That's why WIFE, you need a lesson."    

Shocked Mohan was looking at the scene but unable to understand what to do to stop this, to stop this torture to an innocent. Yes, he came to conclusion that Nandini may be innocent; she was only 15 years teenager when that incident happened. She might not know what she was doing. 'But what will I do? If tell Ranbir that I helped her, then I will be 6 feet under. No matter what, I will not let Nandini suffer'; Mohan had pep talk with himself and decide. "I am." Mohan speaks with utmost inaudibly voice. However, it worked, as almost everyone including Ranbir stopped at the voice. In that fearing moment, Nandini could not hear what was happening; her eyes were stick to the burned iron rod.

Ranbir turned to Mohan and at that moment, Mohan realize what he has done. In a very calm and compose voice, Ranbir speaks "Then, she deserve it more than anything. She turn you against me where my trust does not worked on you." "No ... No, Boss. She did not tell me. She did not even know that I wanted to help her." Mohan speaks with almost panicked voice. Ranbir's anger was not in limit. Yes, he wanted to scare Nandini with this punishment but did not wanted this much physical pain to her. Now, everything changed, he does not care with her any more. 'How dare she make his team, his brother to betray me? She will feel pain now.' Ranbir thought and signal the person to come forward to Nandini with iron rod. Seeing the man approaching to her, Nandini came out of haze and started thrashing frantically. "Please no... please" Nandini started pleading again.

The moment the iron rod was touching her feet,she stop breathing, but she did not feel pain. Instead, she hears some hiss.Opening her eyes, she saw Mohan was holding the rod of that portion which wasabout to touch her and then with utmost pain left it there. Shocked with this,Ranbir told sternly "You choose her above me. You betray me for her." "It isnot like that Ranbir. I consider her as my sister now. You know that I cannotlet this happen to her. I will protect her from no matter what." Mohan said thisto Ranbir, looking straight at his eyes. Ranbir clenched his fist and withchallenge he asked, "Is that so?" and continued, "Then save her from me Mohanbecause from today onward my wife will be staying in same room with me." With that,Ranbirleft the hall and everyone left slowly, except Mohan, Arijit and weepingNandini. Then with one last look at Mohan and Nandini, Arijit left the room.Mohan hold his hand and look at Nandini, proceed to Nandini and tried to helpher to stand. "Why? Why did you do that?" Nandini whisper speak to Mohan. "Hushnow. Let us get you to the room. Lots of hardship waiting for you. But I willalways stand by your side, no matter what." Mohan said and started to take herto Ranbir's room at the first floor.    

Author Note:

Hi Guys, I am very very sorry for this late update. I cannot tell how much ashamed I am on myself. But I could not inspire myself for writing as I am going through very bad financial situation. Please forgive me.

It was only your comments that give me enough strength and inspiration to write next chapter.

What I am expecting that, from next month onward I may be recover from this situation and will be update regularly.

Thanks

Love yo Guys!