Chapter 6

A Q U A R I U S

The human house was quite grand inside

The human house was quite grand inside. It was full of items I have never seen or heard about before. Many people were inside the house, looking curious as we walked by them.

When we had been walking for
a bit the man abruptly stopped in front of two doubled white doors. He opened them for us and let us walk through first.

"It's always nice to have the Alpha and Beta stop by, I just wish it was in better health."

He said grabbing a weird object that went in his ears and a couple other things.

Kyle set Liam down on a flat surface and gently stroked his face. You could tell he loved Liam very much by the way he was looking at him. Water slipped out of his eyes and he sniffled a bit.

I felt bad. I did not mean to hurt Liam, but he should not have attacked me! It was me or him, and I chose the option in my favor.

My mate walked over to another surface across the room and sat me down. It was soft and I sunk into it, like a sponge bed. I giggled and patted my hands on it in awe.

My mate was giving me a strange look but smiled non the less. A growl cut off our little love fest.

I did not know humans could growl, but the people here did it quite a lot.

I looked at Kyle and he was growling at us making my mate growl back.

Kyle straightened up, water still running down his face.

"No! I know you are alpha, but you DO NOT get to do that. My mate is laying in this bed, unresponsive because of yours!"

He said to my mate who just listened. He then looked at me.

"I helped you! I offered you my home, medical help, and my kindness and you turn around and do this!"

He said pointing to Liam. I looked down wincing. He was genuinely nice to me and I hurt someone he loved.

My mate cleared his throat.

"Kyle, he didn't know what Liam was to you. It wasn't on purpose, plus Liam attacked him!"

My mate said now stepping forewords. Kyle growled

"I DON'T CARE. WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM, HUH?!"

Kyle yelled stepping towards me, causing my mate to get in the way.

"HEY!"

A voice boomed out, making all of us jump. The tall man stood there with a woman. Now in the clear and bright light I could see him a lot better.

He was tall and skinny, with sharp features, thin lips, and a slim nose. He has brown hair and eyes and had smile lines. The women next to him was short and blonde with a delicate pretty face. She had blue eyes and full lips; her curly hair held back by two pins.

"I will not tolerate you harassing other patients Mr. Cult. I understand you are upset, but this young man is still a patient in my office. You can resolve this elsewhere."

Said the man. Kyle scowled but did not say anything. The tall man turned to me and smiled.

"Hello, my name is Dr. Heights. This is my wife and assistant nurse Gloria, or Mrs. Heights."

He said introducing the lady next to him who smile just as bright. I nodded looking down shyly.

"What's your name?"

He asked me. I was about to reply but again, was cut off.

"His name is Aquarius; now can you please just take a look at him!"

Kyle said with desperation clear in his voice.

The doctor gave him a look but nodded. He grabbed some things and walked over to his surface.

As they did that, I looked at my new legs. They were full of dirt, mud, and scratches. I looked at the gash on the side of my leg and winced. There was dry blood all around it and dirt was all in the wound. I poked at it and winced.

"Don't touch it! You'll make it worse!"

My mate said grabbing my hands. Concern was on his face and he stared at the wound.

"How did you get that?"

He asked me, squeezing my hands, I could not help but think of how small they were in his.

"The storm."

I answered. His eyebrows furred but he did not say anything. I am sure he had a lot of questions, but more yelling brought me out of my thoughts.

"How do you not know what's wrong with him?!"

Yelled Kyle. His face was red, and he was breathing heavily. Dr. Heights just stood calmly in front of him.

"We are going to run test. I can confirm he is paralyzed, has an elevated heart rate, and a mild fever. Everything else besides the scratches are normal. The scratch marks should have healed by now, but they are still irritated and oozing puss."

He said explaining all he knew. Kyle through his hands up and looked at me.

"Just tell us what you did!!!"

He yelled. I felt suffocated as all eyes were on me. I gulped and watched in fear as Kyle started to shake. Growls ripped through his chest and slowly hair started to come out his body everywhere.

"KYLE!"

My mate yelled with so much authority I almost felt like I was the one in trouble.

Kyles body continued to shake before cracking sounds, just like Liam's happened.

Before I knew it, he turned into the hairy creature that Liam was. I gasped and shot back on the surface almost falling off.

There is more......

Was all I could think.

EDITED 11/11/20