Chapter 10

V I N C E N T

Locking Kyle away was hard. It hurt even more to know he would betray me like that though. My mate was missing because of him and his decisions.

After I shifted on the beach, I ran all the way home to blow some steam off. Kyle was like a brother to me. We grew up together since diapers. He was my best friend, the only person I thought I could trust.

He was right when he said I was not going to let Aquarius go home. After the doctor pulled me away, he said I needed to think before I spoke, that if I possessively told Aquarius that he wasn't going to be going home anytime I was going to do nothing but scare him. Which was true, that was what I was planning to do, but Dr. Heights made me think twice.

Aquarius was human and they were not used to werewolf culture. I was going to have to explain to him why he was going to fall in love fast, want my body on his all the time, never want to leave my side...

I was also going to have to explain why he would want to submit to me and crave my control and dominance, want me to knot him until he was round and full of my pups.

He was going to have to cut the human world off completely. We were secluded from the human world here. We lived on acres of land that was owned by my family and made a town out of pack members only. Everyone here for the over the last few centuries has been a wolf.

I know it was a lot to ask of him, but I was hoping to ease it in. Let him slowly transition. He would still be able to talk to and see his family. By law, his mom and dad could know of our existence, but that was to the extent.

During our mating beside of marking him I would give him a bite that would transition him from human to wolf. The moon goddess would then decide if he was worthy enough to get a wolf soul. If so, my mark would have disappeared in the morning, fully healed and he would shift within the week. If not, it would stay bloody and sore until it healed at a normal human pace.

Since I have not marked Aquarius I do not know if he is hurt or not, I can only tell if he is dead or alive. Once I mark him, I will be able to feel his emotions, communicate with him, and know if he is injured or not. Our souls will be connected to almost make one.

It is sappy but it has been something I have wanted for the longest. I was 101 years old and have been wanting a mate ever since my parents explained the concept to me. Us supernatural live longer than any humans. Werewolves can live to around 600. We were a small species only being a few hundred thousand of us worldwide. Most supernatural species did not have a lot of members. Humans dominated the Earth now.

In the country we lived in it was mainly werewolves and witches. Witches were more out west though. I have never met one personally.

At 101 years old I was lonely. Everyone around me had a mate, I have lived a sixth of my life alone and craving that special connection.

I walked past the pack house and down the little trail that led to my childhood home. I could smell my mama was cooking.

I grabbed some shorts that were on the bench swing outside and pulled them on before walking in.

My younger brother and sister were watching TV on the couch in the living room. My brother took after my mama and was short at 5'6 and slim. He had big blue eyes and wavy brown hair he always kept short but long on top. My sister was the opposite. She was tall at 5'11, had a full head of curly black hair, hazel eyes, and was toned. My brother was 65 while my sister was 75.

They sat on the couch watching our youngest siblings who were twins and five, play a boxing board game. They took after my dad with black hair and hazel eyes. I felt bad for my sister living with all boys, but she fit right in.

I did not even stop and say hi to them as I stormed past and walked into the kitchen.

My mama turned around and smiled but frowned when he saw something was wrong.

"What's wrong baby?"

He said opening his arms. I quickly shot into them and it was not even five seconds later that I broke down crying in my mama's arms like a little five-year-old. I sniffled, hiccupped, and sobbed into his chest knowing now that my mate was gone, my mama was the only one who could comfort me.

I heard the TV go off in the living room and someone walk into the kitchen, my mama quickly shooed them away and walked me upstairs to my old room. I cried the whole way up, too hurt and sad to stop.

He laid me down on the bed taking me into his arms and petting my hair like he used to do when I was a kid.

"Care to tell me what's wrong?"

He asked after a minuet of me sobbing and hiccupping. My body shook as my wolf soul howled at the feeling of his newly found mate separated from him.

"I- I- I found my mate!"

I wailed out. He shushed me.

"That's a good thing baby! You should be happy!"

He said rubbing my back. I sniffled and took a deep breath.

"He- he- l-left me!!!"

And before I knew it the dam broke open again.

I was a mess.

EDITED 11/12/20