xiii. SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS

CHAPTER THIRTEENSLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS

  "I don't know," I told Allison as I walked down the aisle.

  I was on the phone with the brown eyed girl as I walked around the video store. I had become extremely bored about half an hour ago. And then I got the strange urge to watch a movie. Upon finding I had watched every one about a gazillion times, I had given up. Finding my long forgotten bike in the garage, I pedaled all the way here. Apparently people were right: you never really forget how to ride a bike.

  I had barely been in the video store for five minutes when Allison had called. We had started off the conversation about homework, but ended up in a completely unrelated area: boys.

  "What do you mean you don't know?" she asked, the sounds of Taylor Swift quietly playing in the background.

  "I mean, he obviously doesn't like me. So there's really no point in wasting my time," I told her honestly. "He clearly told me that me and him together was a crazy idea."

  A loud scoff erupted from her end. "He doesn't like you? Are you kidding me, Carson? Stiles is in love with you! It's written all over his face!"

  I rolled my eyes, flipping through the movies. "Why does the video store have like a gazillion copies of Twilight and a bunch of soft porn? Like, whatever happened to things like Clueless or Mean Girls? Something that won't make me want to vomit."

  She laughed. "Don't change the subject missy!"

  "Allison," I groaned. "There's really nothing to talk about! He doesn't like me and I—"

  "Are falling for him faster than lightning?" she said, the smirk practically dripping into her tone.

  "Shut up, Mrs. McCall," I laughed.

  "Whatever you say, Mrs. Stilinski," she replied in a sassy tone. Laughter bubbled up from her end and for absolutely no reason, we were in hysterics.

  "I have to go," she said after a couple more minutes of pointless banter. "My mom's calling."

  "Okay. Have fun. I'm going to go yell at a manager for their crap load of shitty movies," I laughed.

  "Bye Carson," she told me.

  "Adios."

  I slipped my phone in my back pocket, and went off in search of a person who worked here. I walked down the aisles, back and forth, not finding one good movie. Or a salesperson. I could've sworn at least five minutes ago that there was some guy on top the ladder, trying to fix the flickering light. Oh well. The bell on the door rang, signaling another person in the store. Hope they have some low standards to movie quality tonight.