Sherlock - Valentine special

'Okay, who drank the last bit of milk?' I angrily shouted out as I watched the empty fridge.

'John did.' Lied Sherlock as he entered the kitchen.

'Oh, Sherlock... I thought you were out today...' I said nervously.

'There has been a change of plans; I'll visit the police station tomorrow since they asked me t-' He cut himself off and raised an eyebrow. 'Love, why are you so nervous?'

I looked away immediately. 'Don't deduce me.' I commanded.

But of course he did.

'It's Valentine today, isn't it? Like you said, "love is in the air" right?' He asked and looked at my face. 'It is... And you planned to bake me something, which is the reason why you were so angry when you saw that the milk was gone.' He unexpectedly smiled.

'Awww,' he said smirking, 'how sweet.'

I gave him a playful punch. 'It was supposed to be a surprise. How will I ever be able to surprise you when you deduce everything I plan?' I complained and looked down. When I looked up after a while, Sherlock threw some flower in my face. 'Pff, hey!' I said. 'What was that good for?'

'Just to wake you up.' Said Sherlock and split an egg in a bowl. 'Why, aren't you helping? The cake won't bake itself!'

My with flower covered lips curled up. 'We will bake together?' I said with disbelief in my voice.

'If you think you can keep up with my baking skills...'

I grinned. 'I think even a five-year-old kid could keep up with those non-existing skills of yours.' I said and took an egg out of Sherlock's hands. 'You'll break it too harshly.'

And so we ordered John to buy us some milk and started to bake together. Sherlock acted very cool, but I was sure he had never done this before so he needed my help. And honestly, it was very fun to bake with him. I watched him mix all the ingredients together and melted on account of his focussed eyes watching the movements of the mixer. It was adorable, and Sherlock looked up briefly to show his bright blue eyes and a smile that decorated his lips. He observed me and saw the joy I felt, then he focussed on the mixed ingredients again with a satisfied and proud look in his eyes.

***

'Let me do that.' He said and took the gloves out of my hands. 'You might burn yourself.'

I smiled. 'That's why I have those gloves.' I said as Sherlock opened the oven and welcome heat came out of it. 'I know,' said Sherlock, 'but you're clumsy. This is safer.' Again I melted. 'That's kind of you, Sherlock.' I said and watched Sherlock getting the cake out of the oven.

After it had cooled down, we decorated it together.

John entered the kitchen. 'Aww, you two are baking a cake for me, how kind!' He said smirking. 'Well, love certainly is in the air, isn't it?' John's finger reached out for the snow-ish cream but got slapped away by me. He left after a few fruitless attempts.

The cake was finished and Sherlock and I proudly looked at it. 'It turned out wonderfully, didn't it?' I asked Sherlock. 'Best cake I've ever baked.' Said Sherlock and smiled. Then he sliced off a big piece and took a fork. 'You'll get the first bite.' He said as he brought the fork to my mouth. I tasted the cake and smiled.

'Best cake I've ever eaten.' I confirmed. 'Mainly because you helped me bake it.' I looked across and fell in love with the warm look in Sherlock's eyes.

'What has come over you?' I asked. 'You'd never help me bake anything, and I've never seen you look so warmly and smile so often on one day. What made you do so?' I asked.

Sherlock chuckled and pulled me close into a tight embrace. 'Love is in the air.'

A/N

Indeed it is! Hey there! This was the Sherlock special and I really hope you liked it! Please comment and vote and have a wonderful day! Whether you spend it alone or with someone, have fun! ;-)

Catch you later!

-MS