Chapter 20~ Voices

Jade
  When I woke up in the morning I felt warm and safe. Like I was a butterfly safe in my protective cocoon. Soon an arm around my waste came to my attention, I smiled. Next to me was Teddy, his dark hair falling into his eyes and his face calm and bliss filled. I guess than that my dream was real. I did actually wake up to and my nightmare was real. I shiver I heard so many voices they all sounded weird like being able to hear in detail to many noises at once but unable to block some out. "What are you thinking about darling?" Teddy asked his voice husky. I look up at him he is laying beside me his head propped up by his arm.
"The voices." He looks at me his brow ruffled. "Voices darling? What voices?"
  "I don't know" I console on him I don't know. I rise to get out of bed but Teddy's arm pulls me down I turn to him and scowl. He smirks and pecks my lips before letting me go. I get up and blush just realizing I had been in only my thin nightgown. I walk to my closet and look for clothes I decide on a knee length black velvet dress with long sleeves. I grab it and it's necessary garments and walk to the bathroom to refresh and get ready for the day. When I walk out is see Teddy lounging on my made bed. Upon seeing me he pretends to look at his watch "finally I thought I would have to wait another decade for you to finish." I stick my tongue out at him and walk past him pulling on my leather boots as I go.
When we enter the kitchen mother jumps up and motions to Teddy. "Come boy we must discuss a few things." And she strides out. I look at Teddy confused, he returns the look then shrugs and goes out to see what my mother required. I then turn and walk to the breakfast table. Sitting down I reach to grab a boiled egg some sausage and toast with butter. I began to eat when Draco and Hermione walked in giggling. Draco looked at me and smirked "lovely rest cousin? I saw you had an overnight guest." He teased wiggling his eyebrows.
"Ah, should I remind you of your overnight company too Draco?" Teddy said as he strode in the room an almost real smile graced his lips but the joy didn't reach his eyes. Draco and Hermione both turned red at Teddy's comment. Teddy's eyes then turned to me looking at me as if trying to see deep into my soul. He walked to sit by me and kissed my forehead before snapping his fingers for a plate.

  We had left the breakfast room and were now lounging in the sun room of Malfoy Manner. I was curled up in Teddy's lap while we both read books. I was quite interested in the science of mental manipulation when my mother strode in with a book in hand. She strode in and looked at me. "I am no motherly figure in character. I was not here when you first bled to tell you about becoming a woman." She paused as if for once my forever confident mother was a bit out of her comfort zone "and I most certainly will never do that. Also, I find it to where I will pass the birds and the bees talk to my sister because I don't do that stuff. But, here is a book that may give you the last talk of maturing you will ever need." She then handed me the book and walked out. I sat there in shock. Wow, I never expected that if my mother, ever. I was startled from my thoughts by Teddy's deep chuckles. I then looked down at the book the title read. Jewel. I looked at the book and raised my brow. Shrugging I opened the book and felt Teddy shift to look over my shoulder. And the book read.
Many people mistake the rare witch and wizard species known as Jewel as legend, veela, or a god. But in fact they are a rare gifted line of people. Gifted with amazing powers of legilimency, wandless magic, and unimaginable telekinetic ability.
I looked to see a picture of a woman who was surrounded by flying objects and had glowing green eyes.  I then turned to the next page.
Jewels are known to be extremely powerful witches and wizards. They often suffer a short temper and when using their abilities a lot an extreme hunger. Jewels also normally end up with a mate. A mate is their rock or anchor to reality. The commonly use their mate to bring them back should they every be lost in their magic or to silence their ability or drown it out if it becomes too much. Mates tend to be the Jewels lover and spouse. Much is unknown about the rare Jewel witch and wizards do to their rarity but, it is hypothesized that the gift tends to run though bloodlines.
My stomach suddenly grumbles in hunger and I close the book. "So now my mother is interested in myth." I tell Teddy "so it seems. Let's go feed that tummy of yours." And helps me stand up and craving my hand we stroll down to the kitchen.