Chapter 8

Katherine's pov:
Once we get home Ruby goes to her section and I take Aqua over to her's. She touches her snout on it and it opens to revile a giant lake.

Aqua lets out a chirp like sound and quickly dives into the water. I laugh and watch her leap out of the water. I look around and find the satchel. Ill read through it later.

"Thank you my queen this place is lovely." She says in my mind. I nod and walk out. I hear the swoosh of wings and I turn around expecting Ruby.

I leap back when I see a giant dragon. It looks very different, it has a long snout and giant wings. There are spikes going down it's back and tail.

It also has a spike on its nose. It's a deep blue black color. With a white underbelly. "Hello?" I ask uncertainty.

"My queen I need your help. My name is Thunder. I'm with an egg but I'm very old. I don't think I'll make it through the birth and I need you to watch after my egg." The Dragon pleas with me.

"Of course, but let's try to save you first." I say. When I was still a slave my mistress wanted me to be skilled in healing. So I took up birth corses and many others.

Of course that was with people but I should be able to help this dragon. "No if it comes down to it I need you to save my egg. It will be important in your journey." The dragon says.

"I'll do my best. Will you please lay down?" I ask the poor dragon. I hear the someone stomping and I turn around to see Fawn.

"Hey Fawn now's not a great time this dragon is giving birth and it's not looking great for her." I say.

"Actually my Queen I think I can help. Since I'm a earth dragon I have a bit of healing powers, I might be able to help." Fawn says.

"Really great we can use all the extra help we can get!" I say. The dragon lays on its side and lets me see its stomach.

"Oh I see that egg. Let me try to get it out. This isn't going to be easy, but I should be able to save this egg and hopefully you." I say trying to soothe the dragon.

It gives of a soft grunt of pain and starts to push the egg. "Your doing so good. Keep pushing you got it." I say.

I slowly push on her belly and start to inch the egg out slowly. The dragon starts to pant and I slowly get the egg farther and farther.

"My queen, I can't last much longer I need you to get this egg out now!" The dragon screams in pain.

Suddenly the dragon starts to spark. "What was that!" I yell. I stager a few steps back, trying not to get shocked.

"I'm sorry my queen. I'm an electric dragon and sometimes it's hard to hold in the sparks." The dragon says sadly.

"It's ok but we need to do this." I say to myself. I start to push the egg harder. The dragon roars in pain. I try to soothe her but nothing seemed to work. 

Finally I start to see the egg. "There it is. It's coming. One more push and your done. One more." I say.

I the dragon lets out a fierce roar and the egg comes out. I catch it before it hits the ground and I cradle it to my chest.

It's beautiful it's black with white lighting steaks on it. "Wow this is amazing." I say to the momma.

I get closer to her to show her but her eyes are closed. "Thunder?" I ask. "Thunder!" I yell louder.

She doesn't move. "Fawn help her!" I say holding the egg closer. Fawn steps closer and puts her snout on the dragons face.

"I'm sorry Kathrine but she's dead. It's common for old dragons to die while giving birth to an egg." Fawn says sadly.

"It's ok Fawn there was nothing you could do." I say petting her snout. She gives a small bow and heads back to her area.

"Ruby!" I call. "Yes my Queen. I'm coming." She says in my mind. I hear a flap and she comes out of her pen.

"Oh my, what happened." She asks. "This dragon came to me asking for help, and I helped her give birth to her egg." I say holding the egg close.

"The dragon was very old and sadly passed away while giving birth. I don't know what to do with her and I was wondering if you knew." I say cuddling the egg to my chest. 

"Of course my queen I'll take her to the final resting place of the dragons. But before I go can I see the egg. Maybe I could see what kind it is." Ruby asks.

"Of course." I say holding out the egg. Ruby brings her snout down and takes a closer look. Her head shoots up and looks at the fallen dragon.

"Ruby is something wrong?" I ask. "This is very strange." Ruby says looking in between the egg and the Thunder.

"That dragon was an electric dragon. It's very rare to see one. Let alone get an egg. Electric dragons can control lighting, and they like to stay with storms because there powers are strongest then." Ruby says staring at the egg.

"It seems that the egg is a mix of different dragons and by the colors it seems to be a dark dragon." Ruby says in shock.

"Dark dragons are just as rare. These dragons usually don't mate because they both are so rare. I've only seen one other egg. The dragons usually are very strong, but there is no way to be sure." Ruby says. 

"Thank you Ruby can you take the dragon away. I want her to be at peace." I say looking over to the poor thing.

"Of course Kathrine." She says grabbing the dragon in her claws and flying away. I take the egg which is about the size of my head, and go to the egg area.

I place the egg on the wall and watch the door open. I look inside and gasp at what I see.
———————————————————————
Vote
Comment
Follow
Share