Chapter 14

A Q U A R I U S

Two and a half weeks later and Liam was out of the hospital. Kyle could not thank me enough, but I had to keep telling him it was my fault in the first place.

The venom was out of his system and he was slowly regaining his strength back. Kyle said I was welcomed to visit him, but I feared Liam's reaction, as our last interaction had not gone so well.

Dr. Heights apologized for undermining me, I explained to him that I never took offense and was only glad Liam was healthy now.

Kyle said that the doctor said in about a month he would be back to normal, but that the wounds on his side were nothing more than just an array of scabs now.

Since I have been living here, I've barely left Vincent's side. He was helping me relearn English and teaching me about land customs as I taught him merfolk customs best I could.

We got along together great; I was no longer afraid of his other form. I now found it quite cute and cuddly. He taught me how not to be afraid of things which I loved, I felt fearless and confident with him by my side.

Currently we were in the kitchen, I was watching him as he made human food for me. He said he was making chicken alfredo, apparently it was his favorite.

"So, what did you eat out sea?"

He asked me out of the blue. I leaned on what I now learned was a counter.

"Just jellyfish, shrimp, oysters, and certain types of kelp."

I said listing my top favorites. He turned around and made a face.

"Jellyfish?!"

I nodded and rubbed my stomach.

"Yes! They taste so good!"

I said starting to crave it. He made a face and shook his head. I guess this was just an ocean dweller thing.

He served us some food and sat down next to me. When I took my first bite my eyes widened.

"This is good!"

I said with my mouth full, making him laugh. We continued to chat and joke around when Kyle walked in greeting us loudly.

"Wassup! What are you guys up to?"

He asked. My back was turned to him, so I did not really pay him any mind until I swallowed and turned around.

"Nothing. Want to go to the beach with u-"

I stopped short when I looked at him and saw he was not alone. He stood with Liam, an arm around his shoulder. My eyes widened and I quickly backed up into Vincent, needing the reassurance. He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close.

"We were just finishing up and about to go to the beach, you're welcomed to join."

He said after an awkward second. Kyle smiled and nodded happily, after that we kind of stood there in a tense and awkward air.

Finally, someone cleared their throat, I looked up and was shocked to see Liam step forward. He gave me a small, crooked smile and waved.

"Hello Luna, I just wanted to formally apologize to you. I know we started off on an awfully bad foot and that was my mistake. I let my anger and jealousy control my actions and attacked you when you were defenseless and weak. I really learned a valuable lesson from all this and I'm really hoping we can just put it behind us, maybe even become friends seeing as we are going to be around each other a lot."

He said sticking out a hand. I gave him a smile and shook it. Suddenly Kyle let out a deep breath catching all our attention.

"Finally! Now no more awkward silences or pauses. Let us just all be friends and hit the sand."

He said causing my mate to laugh. I nodded and got out of my chair. We all quickly grabbed what we needed and walked to my mate's car. I sat up front with him.

As we were driving Kyle decided to be the conversation breaker.

"So, Aquarius, will you always shift back when your legs get wet?"

He asked. I shook my head

"No, once I get marked by Vincent water won't affect my human form and I'll have control for when I shift."

I said grabbing my mates' hand. Vincent looked at me and smiled

"For real?!"

He said seeming happy by the idea. I nodded

"A lot of things will happen when we decided to mate each other."

I said. Kyle beat Vincent to asking the question though

"Like what??"

I turned to Kyle

"You're being extra nosy today, you know."

He just gave me a sheepish smile causing Liam to laugh. I am guessing Kyle explained that I was a merman to him because he did not seem surprised at the conversation.

"Well if you want to really know once Vincent marks me, I lose my immortality so I can grow with him. I gain control of when I shift into my true form, and gain some of the powers Vincent has. Vincent on the other hand will gain some powers that I acquire, live longer than the average werewolf, and grow gills when he pleases."

I said trying to make sure that is all and did not leave anything out. Liam leaned up and looked at me in shock.

"You're immortal?! How old are you?!"

He asked like that was the coolest thing ever. I nodded,

"All merfolk are immortal, that's why our population is so low."

I said. He nodded and Kyle swatted him on the shoulder.

"You don't ask people how old they are! That's rude!"

He said at a now frowning Liam. I chuckled and shook my head,

"It's fine Kyle. I'm 547 human years old."

I said making his jaw drop. Kyle started to sputter making Liam pat his back.

"Dude your dating an old man!"

He said to Vincent who growled at him. I turned around and gave Kyle a glare.

"Shut up before I turn you into a guppy."

He gave me a look.

"Wait can you really do that?"

Just then Vincent parked the car and announced we were at the beach. I quickly got out grabbing my towels and such, running to the sand.

I plopped down in a nice spot and enjoyed the salty air. Not much later I felt legs go around mine and strong arms pull me into a chest.

"So, I'll gain powers once I make you mine forever?"

Vincent asked nuzzling me. I nodded and turned around connecting our lips. He immediately deepened the kiss, claiming my mouth and tongue. I moaned wrapping my arms around his neck pulling him closer, loving the feeling of his skin on mine.

When I was running out of breath I pulled away. He leaned his forehead on mine and gave me a pearly white smile.

"Honestly, I could be careless about the powers or lengthened lifespan, nothing will ever matter as much as you do to me..."

He said making my heart skip a beat. Was this what falling in love felt like?

EDITED 11/12/20