Chapter 22

I stayed up all night just thinking about what had happened. The dark figure I saw on the hallway, the study session with Zayn in which later he apologized for what he did, Harry showing up at the library and then fighting with me... God. Did we really agree to be friends?

"Ow." I moaned, bringing my hand to my forehead.

Shit. My head was killing me. I didn't go to my morning classes since I was too tired to even open my eyes. Still didn't know if I was going to the afternoon ones. I hated missing classes.

Rue told me she would come at midday to check up on me and bring me something to eat. I looked at the clock on my night table. It was 11:33 am. She'll be here in half an hour.

I pulled the sheets off and slowly got out of bed. Coffee. Give me coffee, My subconscious and body demanded.

I grabbed my phone to text Rue. But before I could do anything I got a message from her.

'Which size do you want your coffee? x'

How did she... Right. Psychic roommate. Never mind.

'Could you bring me a barrel?' I was going to need all the coffee possible.

'Hahahaha I don't think they have that size but I'll do my best ;)'

'Thank you. You're the best <3 x"

'No problem honey. I'll be there in 10 xx."

I put my phone back on the night table and then plopped down on my bed. A deep sight left my lips. "What's going on with my life?" I've never had so much drama going on. Not even when I was in high school. Perhaps agreeing on being friends with Harry hadn't been a good idea. All these things started happening since he came into my life. But he had been so nice and sweet yesterday... Yeah, after he yelled at you and insulted you as always, My subconscious pointed out. True. He must be playing with me. But he couldn't be that evil, right? No. 'There's goodness in you and that's what he needs to be saved.' Niall's words echoed in my mind. 

Could it be that the real Harry? Am I willing to put up with all his shit in order to find out?

But most important, was it worth it? 

Ok, in time like these you have to listen to your instincts. So, what does my instinct say about him? What does Harry provoke in me? Do I fear him? Or do I-

The sound of keys snapped me out of my thoughts. And the next thing I saw was Rue smiling widely at me.

"Hellooo Sleeping Beauty!" My roommate sang as she entered. "Your breakfast, madam." Rue handed me a chicken sandwich and a large coffee.

"My body and I thank you." I said, smiling and taking my breakfast.

Rue laughed at my comment and sat down next to me. "Will you leave the room today or are you on 'hermit mode'?"

I took a large sip of coffee before speaking. God, it tasted so good. "My head is killing me and I look like a zombie." I said, imagining how horrible I must look. "But knowing myself, I'll probably end up going to my afternoon classes."

"Good." She smiled. "Did you text Cam? He was really worried about you."

I shook my head. "I'll do it after I finish my breakfast and have taken a shower."

"Ok. I'll tell him that you're better, though." Rue said. "Well, I have to go. I have classes in 15 minutes and it's a long walk." The gothic girl hugged me and then stood up. "I'll see you later! And eat the whole thing." She said as she closed the door.

"Bye." I whispered.

I was alone again. Alone with my thoughts, which was worst. 

I went back to my food. And once I finished eating, I decided I would take a hot shower. That would help me relaxed a little bit. 

I went to the bathroom and turned on the shower. While I waited for the water to warm, I picked my clothes. Black skinny jeans and an oversized white t-shirt with a cross on it. Steam started coming out of the bathroom. The water was ready. 

Once I got into the shower, the hot water relaxed my muscles making me feel better. I stood there still with my eyes closed, just letting the water run down my body. Suddenly there was a change in the air, it felt heavy. The room felt oppressive as well. It felt like someone else was in there with me.

"Hello?" I said. "Rue, is that you?"

I heard someone opening the bathroom door and then footsteps getting closer. "Rue, did you forget something?" I asked, hearing no reply. Then the sound of footsteps ceased and what I saw made my blood freeze.

A figure was standing on the other side of the glass. "Rue, is not funny anymore." Then a hand pressed against the glass and I screamed. My whole body started shivering and I felt as my soul was being taken out of my body. As my life was being suck out of me and it was getting harder to breathe. I tried to look for support but I fell.

I heard a diabolic laugh and then...

Everything went to black.

...

I opened my eyes and a very bright light blinded me. It took some time for me eyes to adjust. I blinked a few times and when I was able to see where I was, the only thing I saw was white. Suddenly a face appeared in front of my eyes, blocking my sight.

"Hello, darling." A sweet voice said. "How are you feeling?"

I tried to sit up but a feeling of dizziness made me lie down again. "Where am I?" I asked the woman, who was dressed completely in white.

"You're at the infirmary. You're very lucky, dear." The young nurse told me. "Your friend found you unconscious on your bathroom floor. Thank God you didn't hit your head with something when you fell."

"Is she awake?" I heard a husky voice asked.

The nurse turned her head around and nodded. She then looked at me and smiled. "I'll leave you two alone."

Alone? Wait, alone with whom?

I heard footsteps near the door and then someone entering. "Harry?" I asked, surprised. He was the last person I would've expected to see here. 

"Hi." His voice was really low and calm. "How's your head?"

"Fine. I'm just a little dizzy."

"Yeah, I figured out it wasn't something serious." He smiled. "You're really stubborn so you have a hard head." He joked.

"What are you doing here?"

Harry came closer and sat down on the edge of the bed. "I didn't have your number and since you didn't go to class, the only way to check up on you was going to your dorm." He shrugged. "That was when I found you."

"Wa-wait, you were the one who found me?" I asked. He nodded. I looked down at my body. My face went pale when I remembered I only had a towel wrapped around my body. But now, I was fully dressed. "OH MY FUCKING GOD! DID YOU SEE ME NAKED!?" I screamed. 

The smirk on his face was the only answer I needed.