Chapter 28

"What?" Ryder asks while looking at Mayor Goodway.

"Mayor Humdinger has challenged me into a science contest on whose scientist is the best and of course Ms. Starlynn is the best in Adventure Bay!" Mayor Goodway said happily.

"But what does this has to do with us?" Hendry asks grumpily because Mayor Goodway called them while he was about to have fun with Ryder.

"Well now that you brought that up, Hendry. She wants to know if it's alright if she can use the pups to show her beautiful science.

Ryder thought carefully about this but gasp when he felt a hand behind him making him look back to Ms. Starlynn. She smiled softly and walk to stand next to Mayor Goodway.

"Don't worry Ryder. My experiments would not hurt your pups. I promise. They will just give your pups power for a little while." Ms. Starlynn said.

"Oh, then it's okay. I'll ask the pups if they're okay with it though." Ryder smiled seeing Starlynn nod.

"Great!! I'll inform my sister about the task. I can't wait to beat Mayor Humdinger's scientist!" Starlynn smiled brightly taking her phone out.

Ryder smiled and looked at Hendry who stayed quiet the whole time with his arms cross. Ryder looked at Hendry worried and put his hand on his shoulder making him look at him and smile softly.

"I'm okay...just worried," Hendry said while walking next to Ryder who nods.

"I understand but don't worry. Will be there." Ryder smiled and grab Hendry's hand. "Together."

Hendry smiled and hug Ryder who chuckles and hugs back. They went to City Hall where the pups were getting everything ready. Chase looked up when he sniffs Ryder's scent and smiled brightly.

"Ryder back!" Chase said making the pups smile and run to him.

"Alright, pups Ms. Starlynn is gonna need help from you pups but she wants only two pups to help. So who wants to help Ms. Starlynn with her experiment?" Ryder said looking at the pups.

"Ohh can I do it!" Rocky bark.

"Me too." Thunder join in.

Hendry looked at his trusted friend who smiled at him. Ryder smiled and nodded his head allowing them to go help Starlynn with her science. They got everything ready for the competition and Ms. Starlynn was smiling. Mayor Humdinger came to town with his scientist, Mr. Buster, who wasn't even interested in this.

"A  woman. I am gonna be doing science with a WOMAN!" Mr. Buster said looking at Mayor Humdinger with a disbelief face. "Women's are made for bearing children and taking care of the house. Not science." 

Mayor Goodway, Ms. Starlynn's sister, Moka-san, and every woman were glaring the shit at Mr. Buster comment.

"Keep that mouth shut or I'll shut it for you!!" Moka-san said with her fist up and glaring at him.

"Now now sister. No need for violence. Shall we begin." Starlynn smiled softly.

Everyone was watching Mr. Buster start his science explaining everything he did which was an amazing showing on how he can mix electricity with water without getting shocked or injured. He also showed how to touch a blue fire without burning his hand either. He smirked while the people clapped their hands.

"Beat that Mayor Goodway." Mayor Humdinger said while crossing his arms.

"Oh, please." Mayor Goodway rolled his eyes while looking at Starlynn.

Hendry watch as Starlynn started talking about her experiment and looked around to see his dad's stupid cats moving quietly. He glares at them making Ryder look at his boyfriend. He looked where his boyfriend was looking and saw the Catastrophe and frown. 

"Chase come on. We have kittens to handle." Ryder said making Hendry smile.

They went after the kittens, where they went behind Moka-san who was making sure everything was in place and okay. She smiled and started writing on her pad but gasp when she was tied up in a ball of yarn.

"What in-!? You blasted kittens!!" Moka-san growled.

The Catastrophe laughed and went to mess with Starlynn stuff. Chase stopped and growled at them seeing the kittens messing the potions and putting different colors inside the main source.

"You blasted cats!! You're cheating!!" Chase barked and went after the kittens making them scramble.

Chase jumped over the potion but some of his furs fell off inside the potion. The brown kitten scrambles away and leaps over another messed up potion and his fur fell off too.

"As you can see how Rocky is able to control the plants. He is able to communicate with them and understand their need. Don't worry this power well worn out soon, sorry Rocky." Ms. Starlynn chuckles and looked at Thunder who was wagging his tail.

The people were cheering and clapping their hands making Goodway smirk at Humdinger. Mr. Buster was shocked and angry that a woman was beating him in science. 

"Now, I am gonna give this lovely pup powers of thunder like his name!" Starlynn smiled brightly.

One of the kittens push the bad potion towards Starlynn hand but Hendry grabs it away from her.

"NO!!" Hendry said but gasp when the Firefighter kitten threw the other potion towards Starlynn and Thunder who gasp.

Starlynn grabs Thunder and covers him with her body but gasp when she felt herself be pushed out the way. Ryder was the one who pushes them and braces the impact of the potion.  Hendry shouted  Ryder's name and ran towards him. The potion smash on Ryder and everything became green smoke. It then activated Hendry's potion and it exploded on his hands and he was cover in blue smoke. Everyone gasps in horror, the pups' eyes were wide and shocked, and Starlynn was in horror.

"Nooo!!!" Ms. Starlynn scream.

"Hendry!!!" Stacy and Thunder scream.

"Ryder!!!" All the pups scream. 

Everyone glare at the kittens who were running back inside the cage and Mayor Humdinger grab the cage and ran to the helicopter with Mr. Buster behind.

"You win this round Mayor Goodway!!!!" Humdinger shouted and flew away.

Starlynn stood up and ran to the smoke when it started to die down with Stacy, and the pups behind. They all smiled brightly when they saw Hendry and Ryder were okay and moving.

"Oh thank the stars you are okay!" Starlynn smiled.

"Ryder, you okay?" Hendry groans while looking at his lover.

"Y-Yeah just my body hurts," Ryder said and shook his head.

Everyone gasps when two brown cat ears pop out of Ryder's head and a brown tail. Hendry also shook his head and two brown and black pointy dog ears pop out too with a black and brown tail. Starlynn looked at them and looked at her sister who was finally released and gasps too.

"Oh my stars, what happened," Moka-san said breaking the silence.