Chapter 46

Chapter 46- Haylee's POV
"I think it's time to go." Shawn said grinning, showing how perfect he was once again.
I yawned, it was almost 11 pm. "Yes, I'm actually quite tired." I said, getting up from the picnic blanket we had laid on the ground- as Shawn was doing the same thing.
We directed ourselves to the massive log cabin restaurant, trying to locate where we were supposed to pay at. Until we found a mahogany (*lox*) counter with tall man standing behind it.
"Shawn, um, I actually forgot my money at the hospital. I really am so ashamed. Can I pay what I owe you later?" I said, embarrassed of myself for forgetting the money.
"No, I'll pay my beautiful girlfriend's dinner." He said, handing the man some dollar bills.
"Thanks, Shawn." I gave him a small peck on the cheek, to which he blushed. He turned his head around, making my lips crash against his neck momentarily. He smiled, and pulled his body against mine.
"Excuse me, sir, here's your change." The man interrupted our hug, so he pulled away, receiving the change.
"Thank you very much." Shawn smiled, being his usual polite self. He turned around, laid his arm around my waist."Let's go, Hayls."
"Of course, Mendes." I said, although barely pronouncing the o in course.
We entered the limo, and we both sat down. His fingers were curled in mine, his arm placed delicately around my waist. It all felt perfect. With Shawn everything was, really.
"I don't want this night to be over." He whispered into my ear, his mouth against it. He made goosebumps spread all over my body, as his lips kissed lightly my ear. I shivered.
I patted his thigh."Me too, it was perfect."
"You are perfect." A smile spread across his face.
"Far from it, Shawn. Nobody is perfect, according to Hannah Montana." I said, trying to keep a straight face after his compliment. But let's face it, I probably looked like an idiot.
Shawn laughed hard, because of my Hannah Montana reference. "According to me, you are." He said, grasping unto my hand."Just take the damn compliment, Haylee."
He chuckled saying it, and I did too. "Alright. Thanks, Mendes." Shawn made me feel secure and confident of myself. "I love you."
"I love you more." He smiled, warmly.
"Hell no." I said, as we rolled into the hospital. We got off the car, he stood with me in front of the doors.
He hugged me from a while, then again I had to tippy toe to reach his lips. He kissed me after that, our lips moving at the same pace. Shawn hugged me again with that tall body of his.
"I love you, darling. Take care overnight, I'll text you first thing tomorrow." He kissed my cheek, and drifted away, as I nodded back.
"I love you too." I whispered, more to myself than Shawn, who was getting in the limo already and was to be dropped of at his hotel.
My fairy tale, starring Shawn as Prince Charming, was over for tonight; I was back to my old, pitiful cancer life.
•••••
I woke up the next morning by my mom, who was touching my shoulder lightly.
"Next doze." She said smiling kindly, as if trying to convince me drinking them was good; propaganda. So I drank the pills, swallowing them down with some water my mom had handed me.
"What's up, Haylee? We have not talked for a while, as in one on one." She smiled, held my hand.
"Well, mom I really hope you don't get mad, but I got a boyfriend Shawn. I love him very much. He cares about me so much, and makes me feel so confident and pleased with my physical appearance. I am always happy around him, he never fails to make me smile. I could go on talking about him for hours, and every minute I do not spend with him is as if I have been punched in the stomach." I chuckled, my first stupid thought of the day. "There really is something special about him, something that draws him to me. He makes me feel good about myself and beautiful. He himself is the walking, breathing definition of perfect. Great voice, the looks, but that's not why I like him. So many facts, but he's so sweet and loving and caring. And he loves me. And I love him, mom. I really, really do." I finished explaining my mom with some dreamy eyes.
"You really do love him." I nodded in response. "I love the idea of you being with him, Haylee. I don't know if your dad is up for it, but I am. And at the moment, it's only you and me, baby girl." I hugged my mom tightly. She was the best.
"Oh shoot, I forgot!" I shifted my eyes from place to place looking for my phone.
"What did you forget, honey." She looked altered.
"My phone. Shawn's good morning text. Yes, that." I was frustrated, I kept wondering whether he went it or not.
She pulled the drawer of my night stand open. "Here it is." My mom handed me the iPhone.
"Thanks, mom." I smiled, still not checking my texts.
She stood up. "I'm coming in a while." Seeing we had no further theme to talk about, she left.
I checked my phone; seven texts. I checked the first one, from Nat.
'Cartah finally grew a pair, and asked Mary Cate out. Yay! Apparently I'm the only single ready to mingle.'
I replied,'Yay for them. And you calm down a bit Nat, Matt must be waiting for the right time☺️'
The reply came in seconds later, which was odd because for Nat it was quite early in the morning; 10 am.
Nat: I doubt he likes me, honestly. I'm just common latin girl. 😔
He did like her, or at least I hoped so. I wanted him to, Nat had literally been in love with him since the first Vine.
Me: He does love you. Never get your hopes down, thot.
I laughed at the last part of my text, oh god sometimes I was so mean. But she still loved me. She was with me through everything, and she meant a lot to me.
Nat: Lol, helped tons, Hayls. I'll be in the hospital in 10, might be bringing the gals and Mahogany. I love you.
Our conversations always ended in I love you, so I knew this was over. Instead she was coming, so we could finally talk in person. I smiled, I had so much to tell my best friend.
Me: I love you too, and of course!
Then I went on to check the next text, from Mary Cate. 'Gahawkqkajhssg.' Probably after becoming Carter's girlfriend, I laughed. I replied by typing a bunch of random letters, as she had done. She did not reply within minutes, as she usually did, or receive the text at all- so I came up with the theory that her phone was off.
The next five texts I had were from Shawn, I smiled. The first one I received about two hours ago; 8 am
Shawn: Good morning, darling. How was your sleep? I hope it was great. I will see you in a couple of hours, probably. I love you so much💗
I smiled like an idiot, and read on to the next one; sent about 40 minutes after the first one.
Shawn: I really hope I did not wake you up or disturb your sleep at all, if so I'm sorry. But now that you're awake- as I guess- here's a daily reminder: you're beautiful, you're my world, you can beat cancer because you're the strongest girl I know, you're just so fantastic and special, I love you.
Shawn was literally the sweetest boyfriend ever. I smiled, he made me feel so special. The next one I received about twenty minutes ago.
Shawn: Haylee are you alright? Are you mad at me? Are you okay? Have you seen my two previous texts? I'm so worried.
I laughed, Shawn was so tragic, but it was cute. The next one was sent seconds after the last one.
Shawn: Oh, you probably are just asleep. lol, I love you sweetheart.
The last one of all I had received about ten minutes ago.
Shawn: Do you need a little story telling to wake you up? I think so. Once upon a time there was a singer, hoping to show everyone the talent everyone said he had, but he was not exactly confident of himself. He did not believe he had changed someone's life or ever could. He believed he was only a Canadian boy who loved to sing. Then a June 7th he arrived to a gloomy hospital. Behind the door- of room 377- he found the most beautiful girl ever. She had cancer, and was actually such a warrior, for never giving up. He was shocked to find the girl had it all. She was beautiful. She was smart. She was wise. She was caring. She was nice. She was loving. And she loved him dearly, more than anyone else. He learned he had changed someone's life so much, she gave him confidence. He admired the girl so often, stared at her- without her knowledge about it. He soon fell for her. He loved her. She loved him, since the beginning of all. But he had always feared he was not good enough for her. He thought she deserved way better than him; someone more athletic, wiser, handsomer, funnier, than he was. But he was wrong, the girl loved him for himself. And they fell deeply in love.
I was crying already, he was so open to letting me know how he felt all along. The right when I was typing my response, another text arrived to my phone.
Shawn: You like it Hayls? It's our love story, that I hope endure forever❤️
Yes, I was quite certain I had the best boyfriend ever.
~~~~~
GUYS I HAVE NOT UPDATED IN A WHILE AND IM SO SORRY BUT I DO HAVE A LEGIT EXCUSE; I WAS PUNISHED THEREFORE I COULD NOT UPDATE. BUT THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE VOTES, COMMENTS ( I LOVE THOSE), READS AND ADDING TO READING LISTS. MY READERS ROCK.
LAST CHAPTER WAS SO CRAPPY SORRY, THATS WHY I TRIED TO MAKE THIS ONE LONGER AND WAY SWEETER.
THANKS FOR ALL THE READS IN TALLIES TOO, IT'S ABOUT TO HIT 1K!!!
DEDICATION FOR NEXT CHAPTER GOES TO RANDOM COMMENT, AS ALWAYS.
DEDICATION TO FOUR BEAUTIES:
1) THATGIRLWRITER13- OH MY GOSH WHAT TO SAY ABOUT YOU? I LITERALLY LOVE YOU SO MUCH, AHH AND I CANNOT EVEN EXPLAIN HOW MUCH I LOVE YOUR FANFICS. YOU SEEM SO SWEET AND LOVING AND CARING AND I KNOW YOU ARE. I LOVE TALKING TO YOU WHENEVER WE DO AND IM HERE FOR YOU. I LOVE YOU TONS TONS TONS.
2) THATCALIGIRL13- YOUR COMMENTS MAKE MY HEART GO POOF OMG. I LOVE YOU TONS THANKS FOR READING AND FOR YOUR SUPPORT, YOU SEEM THE SWEETEST PERSON EVER AND YOU ARE DABOMB.COM I LUV U!
3) BYEMAGCONR5- YOU ARE LITERALLY THE COOLEST PERSON AND YOU ARE TOO KIND OMG. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND THANKS FOR EVERYTHING THO; YOU ARE LITERALLY MY FAV. ILY!
4) MAGCON__DOOE- YOU ARE LITERALLY SO SUPERB- IDEK. BUT YOU DO SEEM COOL TBH, AND YOU ARE SWEET AW AW. THANKS FOR READING MY DARLING AND READING TALLIES TOO, IM GLAD YOU DO. YOUR COMMENT LAST CHAPTER MADE ME CACKLE. I LOVE U GORG.
I LOVE YALL BEAUTY THOTS WOW IDK IM WEIRD BYE ILY,
nat
BTW- TOMORROW IS JUNE 7 & IN THIS FANFIC HAYLEE AND SHAWN ACTUALLY DID MEET JUNE 7 OMG I CANNOT EVEN #MINDBLOWN