CHAPTER TEN

The Spy

~

Tears streamed down my face, I was laying on a stretcher, the burning feeling that was all over my body intensifying with every little move I made.

I sobbed louder when the doctors tuned and went down a different corridor, pulling me away from the others. "Where are you taking her!" Mike yelled, running towards me, a doctor pulled Mike away and shook his head. "Getting her away from him." He nodded his head towards Will.

They pulled me into a room after taking me down a few more corridors and transferred me onto a hospital bed. "Heart rate 220. Temperature 106." The woman doctor spoke putting a mask over my nose and mouth.

"Elizabeth, where does it hurt?" She asked, I groaned and coughed out "All over."

Another nurse began to cut the top from my body, probably trying to find burns or something to do with how I feel.

"Check for burns." A doctor spoke "She says she's burning."

"I don't see anything." The woman spoke, inspecting my skin, I screamed in pain, but I also felt like it was going away slowly. I felt her take my face into her hands "Where does it hurt the most?" She asked.

"Everywhere." I yelled, crying louder, why did they separate me from the others, why did that Doctor tell Mike he was getting me away from Will.

I felt someone inject me with something, something that made me very sleepy.
.
.
.
"How are you, Eliza." A woman spoke as she stepped into the room, I turned to look at her, I knew she wasn't a doctor, I could tell by the way she was dressed.

Her brown hair was placed up into a elegant bun, she wore a black pencil skirt with a white button up shirt tucked into it with a black blazer over the top.

Her heels clicked against the marble flooring, coming towards me. She smiled warmly, taking a seat at the end of the bed.

"Who are you?" I questioned, the woman only chuckled slightly and placed her bag onto the floor next to her.

"My name is, Delilah Blythe." She introduced "And I'm your mother."

"What?" I questioned, my eyes widening. "T-they told me my mother was dead."

"Ah." She chuckled again "to them I am, you see I had to fake my death after you were born."

"Why?"

"I got too involved with Brenner and his men." She spoke "but when I ran I knew I couldn't take you with me, you needed to stay in Hawkins."

I stayed quiet, not knowing what to do or what to say. Delilah sighed and crossed her legs, placing her hands on her lap "I'm going to tell you a story, okay?" She turned her head to look at me, I nodded my head gently.

"Your great-great grandmother let's just say she was born way back in the 1550s, her name was Katerina Blythe. she was a very special woman with extraordinary powers." Delilah smiled "But she had one mission in her life and that was to protect a young man called, James Stanway, she had always felt connected to him, like she had to protect him." She paused, reaching over to take my hand in hers.

"Isn't that how you feel with that young boy, William?" Delilah asked, giving me a small smile.

"Yes." I responded "It's like I have this connection with him, where I can feel what he feels, just like now with the burning pain."

Delilah reached down and pulled a book out of her bag 'The Blythe's' was written on the front in gold cursive writing. "The Blythe's Are known as the Protectors, when a Blythe baby is born they are immediately connected to someone else in their minds, you, Eliza, you were connected to, William."

She handed me the book, I opened it and furrowed my brows. Pictures of different men and woman were neatly placed in the book, their names and birth-dates to their death-dates were written down.

"Right there." Delilah spoke as she pointed towards some writing next to a woman named, Silvia Blythe "The person she had a connection with is written right there."

I looked at the writing, Stefan StWolf, a very snazzy name, StWolf....I like it.

I turned the page to a random one and saw my picture at the top, all of my information like my age, birthday and my full name, Elizabeth Katerina Blythe. Under that was something that made my eyes widen slightly. 'Protecting: William Byers.' So it was true? I mean I have powers and my best friend is currently possessed...so anything can happen, right.

"So, why did you leave me?" I asked, looking up at Delilah, or should I say my real mom.

"I wanted to find a cure." She spoke "I knew something was going to go terribly wrong, I was keeping tabs on you all the time. But Brenner wouldn't let me get the cure, so I faked my death, but payed people to keep an eye on you."

"What cure?" I questioned, still flicking through the pages of the book.

"Well it wasn't a proper cure since being a protector can't ever be taken away from you, because it's who you are." Delilah started "but it would help you to not be connected to will physically, to stop you from feeling what he does." She reached into her pocket and pulled out a small vial with a clear liquid inside.

"Would I still be connected to him though, like I could still see what he sees and help him through this?" I asked, looking at the vial with curiosity.

"Yes." Delilah smiled "you just wouldn't feel the pain that he feels, on yourself."

She placed the vial into my hand "it's up to you if you take this, but think about what you could do to save Will, obviously the cure will make you fall asleep after drinking, but after you wake up you should be fine." She paused before standing up "you could help the others save, Will. Be the protector you're meant to be, darling."

I opened the lid of the vial and downed the liquid, not hesitating a second, I would do anything to protect Will and if that means taking a cure that Delilah gave me. I would do it.

My eyes started to droop lightly, Delilah smiled and placed her hand on my cheek.

"I need to leave again, okay?" She muttered "it was lovely meeting you, my daughter, and may I say just how beautiful you are." She smiled, kissing my forehead gently, I felt a tear hit my forehead "you will Protect that young boy with all you have, make the Blythe family proud."

"Goodbye, Elizabeth." Was the last thing I heard before my eyes closed entirely.

Authors Note,
So I hope this made sense...I thought It did, I just wanted to have a reason why she felt connected to him.
We probably won't see Delilah again, ever again.
What did you think?
~Robyn