SEVENTEEN-DISTASTE

the song is what jeongguk was humming btw^

it was monday, and taehyung hadn't seen jeongguk since sunday morning, nor had either of them sent each other a text. although he knew that conversations go both ways, he couldn't help but to feel a bit hurt by the fact that jeongguk hadn't wanted to text him at least once to say 'hi'. 

however, when he arrived to school, a hand intertwined with his own as he began to head in the direction of his locker, tugging him towards the back of the school. jeongguk pulled him into a warm embrace once they reached their destination.

"hi."

taehyung giggled, nuzzling his nose into the crook of jeongguk's neck and sighing heavily, wrapping is arms around the boy in return.

"do friends normally do this when they're trying to get to know each other better?" jeongguk whispered into taehyung's shoulder, who shook his head. "who cares? i just missed you a whole lot, even if it's only been twenty four hours since i last saw you."

"it's okay, because you weren't the only one. i totally wasn't upset because you didn't text me or anything," taehyung said as they pulled away from the hug.

jeongguk laughed, the sound that usually made taehyung want to run hide suddenly making him want to kiss the other until he couldn't speak. the warm, soft light of the sunrise speckled across jeongguk's tan skin through the red and orange leaves, jeongguk's read sweatshirt hanging loosely around his shoulders, his hair sticking up from sleep. and suddenly

autumn was taehyung's favorite season.

×

he watched carefully as jeongguk made his way to the front of classroom, deciding to be nice and not trip him since the boy was already nervous, and he couldn't blame him. it was their first week of high school, and the teacher had assigned the class to write a poem about their favorite season, then surprised them by forcing the students to perform theirs in front of the class. 

which was never fun.

jeongguk nervously glanced around the classroom before locking eyes with taehyung, a sudden flash of pride causing the boy to straighten up and practically speak to the blonde high school student.

"i have an endless fascination with fall.

the way the world smells like
pumpkin, cinnamon, & spice.

& no matter how chilly it gets outside,
somehow you always feel cozy & safe.

& wasn't it autumn when we first met?
i remember the leaves falling from the trees,

just as i was falling for you."

×

"just as i was falling for you," taehyung whispered to himself, basking in the memory as his hands instinctively locked with jeongguk's, who furrowed his eyebrows.

"what did you just say?"

taehyung giggled, feeling warm and fuzzy inside. "nothin'."

"did you eat breakfast this morning? if not, i have a little bit of extra money that my mom gave me to buy food after school with, but i'm willing to spend it on you if you haven't eaten yet," jeongguk said, swinging their arms back and forth.

"i ate a little because i was running late. my mom chucked an apple at me." jeongguk laughed again, tugging on taehyung's hand again.

"then let's go! i heard that they're serving cinnamon rolls for the breakfast today," the ravenette responded, hopping up and down a little.

"weird," taehyung said, pulling jeongguk to a stop. "i didn't know the cafeteria served you." 

jeongguk playfully smacked taehyung's arm. "oh, be quiet. now let's go."

"wait, i want to tell you something," taehyung said, pulling jeongguk in for another hug. he rested his forehead on the other's shoulder, taking in the scent of him.

"what is it, tae?" he felt jeongguk's lips press against the top of his head.

"thank you for most of this weekend. i don't..." he trailed off, thinking of the right words. "i don't know what i'm trying to say. it just felt right, okay? to not fight with you and to be around and to hang out with all of your friends and my friends together. i don't think i've ever been happier, jeongguk."

"you're welcome, taehyung," jeongguk said. taehyung could feel his smile, as it tickled his hair. "i'm glad that i decided to apologize, but you can thank seokjin for that part."

he reminded himself to thank seokjin later.

"you're a really cuddly person, aren't you taehyung? i like it. you're very cute." this time, jeongguk was the one to pull away from the hug. "i was going to say sorry for being clingy today, but at least i know i'm not the only one. do you still wanna get a cinnamon roll?"

taehyung nodded his head. he had spent only a few minutes with the boy and he was already drunk with the scent of him. why are you like this? you're supposed to be taking things slow so you can get to know him. just go with him to get a stupid cinnamon roll, and try not let too much of your gayness for him show.

×

the two boys were sitting next to each other in the soft grass of the football field, waiting for their friends to show up with their lunches as well. taehyung sat quietly and listened to jeongguk hum a song he hadn't heard before. he waited until jeongguk stopped to ask.

"what song are you humming?" he asked, taking a sip of his water.

"it's called wish you were gay," jeongguk replied, starting to hum again before pausing. "it's by a girl who wishes a guy was gay so that he'd have a natural reason to not like her but it has a different meaning for me, you know?" 

"it sounds really pretty. can you sing it for me?" taehyung asked, leaning his head on jeongguk's shoulder.

he closed his eyes, allowing the world around him to fall away as he listened to the ravenette sing softly, so that taehyung would be the only listener. even when their friends finally sat next to the two boys, jeongguk didn't stop singing. and taehyung knew that going slow was going to be near impossible now. 

taehyung was helplessly in love with jeongguk.

U GOT A REALLY FLUFFY CHAPTER BC NEXT CHAPTER IS GONNA BE DOWN FUCKING HILL

JUST GET UR TISSUE BOXES MAYBE OR BE PREPARED TO NOT EVEN READ THE NEXT CHAPTER BASED ON HOW U RESPOND TO THE TW OK

update : i'm re-watching the office wow