8 || Uncover to Stay Secret

I'm moving far away
To a sunny place
Where it's just you and me
Feels like we're in a dream

THIRD POINT OF VIEW

Forks High began operations like any other long, gloomy day. Students chatted in the parking lot unenthusiastic to start their academic lives. Bella was still trying to solve the mystery of what was known as Edward Cullen but now she had another mystery to solve - her sister Mirabelle's early morning disappearance. She left a note on the fridge to tell her older sister that she'd found a ride however there was no name or detail of who this other friend was.

Bella racked her brain all the way from the house to her place next to Angela, waiting for her sister, trying to remember if Mirabelle ever mentioned making a friend other than Rosalie that she could tolerate.

.....Nope. None. Not a single soul had been mentioned by her baby twin. This was beginning to get concerning.

The unfamiliar growl of an engine caught the attention of the student body. Angela lowered her camera from her eye in total disbelief. "Holy crap...is that..." She couldn't even finish her sentence. Bella couldn't either even if she tried.

Jasper came out from the driver's seat with his usual unreadable expression. What wasn't usual was when he opened the passenger seat door for Mirabelle to pop out. Rosalie and Alice came from the backseats as well. They looped their arms with Mirabelle's as if they've been best friends for years.

Everyone stared at the new addition to the hot family of Cullens in total disbelief. 'The new girl is hanging with the cool kids,' was borderline what all of them were thinking. What really got them was when Jasper pulled her to his side and started whispering sweet nothings into her ear like they were the perfect couple.

"Bella, did you know your sister and Jasper were a thing." Angela managed to choke out. Bella's eyes stayed wide.

"I couldn't believe that was my sister for a minute," she confessed in awe.

The whole school was talking about it. One of the Cullens were finally dating someone - an outsider had managed to fit in the picture perfect family within the month's time she'd arrived. It was a miracle. Something analogous to baby Jesus being born.

While the masses studied them like they were beautiful creatures underneath a microscope, Mirabelle couldn't help but feel annoyed. "Seriously. What's this place got with staring at people?" Jasper leaned down closer to his unique lover. He was too overjoyed to have her wrapped under his arm to notice the piercing gazes of the humans he had once so badly wanted to tear into. His mind was completely enraptured by the snarky beauty.

"You want me to make them feel disgusted by the very sight of us so they don't look anymore?" Mira looked at him perplexed. "You can do that?" Not totally believing his words. Jasper's chest vibrated against and through her layers of clothing. His happiness was contagious - or it was just him transmitting it to her so she wouldn't feel so peeved.

"I can to a certain extent."

"So...you said Alice and Edward are gifted like you, right? Can they do the same thing?"

Truthfully, the school hallway with so many prying eyes probably wasn't the ideal place to be discussing supernatural things but Mirabelle couldn't contain herself. She missed her opportunity last night to ask the hundred other questions that piled in her brain while she slept. She hated to be a nuisance.