|•XXXVI•|

~3rd Person POV~

Ignis, Ravus, Ardyn, and the remaining Niflheim forces watch in awe as the Princess of Lucis is consumed in a brilliant radiance of white crystals. Through the protective barrier of crystals, Ignis could see Zodia's midnight locks turning a pure white while her eyes were now glowing with a golden tint. As the light and crystals vanished, what waited for them was a nightmare for Ardyn and a beaming hope for Ignis. Now relinquished of her dress, the princess adorned the Armor of Andromeda.

Ardyn, not prepared for such immense power, took a few steps away from the princess as she summoned the Blade of Orion

"Are you able to wield a blade, my dear? For I've never seen you with one," Ardyn cockily asked, hoping he still had an advantage

"With the blood of Orion, I will have no issues," Zodia confidently responds. The sword glistened as the rain cascaded down the sapphire blade. Ignis was so awe-struck, he could only stare at her. No words came to mind as he watched her every graceful move.

With a single swing from her blade, Zodia killed the men who tried to protect Ardyn. Trying to show no fear, the chancellor edged the princess on with small, meaningless taunts. Sadly, he wasn't able to strike fear into the young girl. The older man summoned his own blade, ready to fight Zodia. Drawing back to keep everyone else out of the scuffle, the princess lures Ardyn away from the altar and leads him into the city ruins. Ignis tried to protest loudly, but the riflemen refused to even budge an inch at his shouting.

In the ruins of Altissia, the battle between corrupted and zodiac blood began. The sounds of their ferocious battle could be heard throughout all of Altissia. Blades clashing and magic spells being casted created a myriad of eerie echoes through the streets. Due to the clashing of spells, mana drenched the air heavily. Neither Ardyn nor Zodia could contain their mana flow with as much magic as they were using.

At the altar, Ravus was able to free himself from the adversaries' hold on him. He assisted Ignis and killed the men who were holding him at bay. Now back on his feet, Ignis stormed off in the direction he last saw Zodia and Ardyn. With painful breaths, he was able to find them due to the loud frenzy of attacks. From a safe distance, he watched Zodia as her snowy hair whipped around her form. She was on the offensive, forcing Ardyn to defend against her powerful blows. The chancellor didn't show his frustration, but it was prominent within his chest.