39.

Lucas leaned against the car, waiting like he did for me yesterday, he held my waist and pulled me towards him for a hug.

"You two have got to be shitting us." Ashley said, approaching the car with Tyler by her side. I pulled away for Lucas but he kept me close to him.

"So first you make us look like fools in front of the entire school and now you're doing this, when are you going to be done fucking us over?" Tyler spat.

"Please don't do this." I begged.

"No, how could you do this to us." Tyler said, "How could you throw everything away for someone you supposedly hated?"

"It was never my intention and it wasn't like we were seeing each other behind your back." I admitted.

"Then what was it like?" Ashley asked.

"We were becoming friends- which is what you guys wanted- and sometimes things got a little out of hand." Lucas replied.

"But that's not an excuse." I added.

"Did you fuck him?" Tyler asked. I gulped and Lucas visibly tensed next to me.

"Once." I answered, the two in front of me looking like I had just ripped their hearts out and stomped on them. "The night when he found me in the woods."

"That's why you didn't want to talk about it." Tyler realised.

"So, you guys didn't do anything after that?" Ashley asked.

"No, that's the only night." Lucas responded.

"So, what did you guys even do?" Tyler asked again, I moved away and sat on the bonnet of Lucas' car; the whole question and answer becoming tiring.

"Fought, mostly." Lucas muttered, I sent him a small glare in response.

"We talked and like he said, sometimes it got heated." I said. I ran my hand through my hair and sighed, when I woke up this morning I wasn't expecting this confrontation from them and I don't think Luke was either.

"Are you guys done interrogating us, because I'd like to actually go home today." He was getting irritated and I had promised him a movie night tonight.

"Yeah, we're done." Tyler sighed, begging to walk away.

"But don't think that his changes anything- we still hate you." I leaned my head against Lucas, who was watching them walk away.

"Did that just make things worse?" I asked, him turning around and facing me.

"They wanted to know Riles, they've only got themselves to blame." Luke answered.

"We should've just driven away." I stated.

"Maybe, let's go home." Luke said.

***

We sat watching the movie in front of us, cuddled up on Lucas' bed in his apartment, eating popcorn. Since coming back, we have watching at least four movies and haven't really talked about what happened with Tyler and Ashley- I think it threw Luke and knocked him off guard, which I know he doesn't like.; maybe it's for the best.

"You could do something like that." Lucas stated, pointing to the character from the movie who is a wedding photographer.

"You think so?" I smiled.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"I actually have an interview with a photography company next week, I guess I must have signed up for a job when I was on a bender." I laughed, I'm guessing it was the night I blacked out since it was the photography company I saw on my way home after I had woken up in the park. It's the only good thing to have come out of my black-out bender.

"Things are getting better already." Lucas said smiling back at me. "You want another beer?" I nodded and he stood up from his bed. Suddenly an idea popped into my head. I got ready and stood in front of the bed waiting for him to come back. Lucas re-entered the room and was stunned by what he saw. I remember back to the night when he threatened to bust my window open. The only thing touching my skin currently was the diamond necklace he bought me.

"Sorry I forgot the heels." I whispered.

"It's fine." Luke said, attempting to put the beer bottles on the side, he failed and they both fell to the floor as he rushed over to me and slammed his lips into mine, so hard that he actually pushed me back onto the bed. I lifted his shirt off him and kissed his shoulder, Lucas positioning himself between my legs.

"Do you want this?" He asked, his forehead resting against mine.

"I want you." I whispered back, against his lips. "You're all I want."

A/N

So here is another chapter, there is only one more left of this book and then it's done. I am so excited it's the only thing I have finished on this website. Lol.

Thanks for everything.

~Jadey6688