Chapter 4: Adrein

"You wanna talk kid?" Plagg asked his holder.

"No I'm good." Adrien answered to the kwami.

"Do you wanna talk about... Ladybug?"

"What is there to talk about?" Adrien tried to hide emotion behind the question.

"Kid... I know the look." Plagg said sincerely. "You don't have to hide it."

The blond sighed, "It's complicated. I just... don't know."

"You're different."

"What do you mean?"

"There was a Chat Noir before you who was a villain, I know you're not that at all, but when he first received his Miraculous and learned that it held the power of destruction, he used it to his advantage. Us kwami can't tell them otherwise when things like that happened. But you Adrien, when you first received your Miraculous you didn't use the power for bad and you still don't. You're a unique Chat Noir."

"Destruction isn't always bad, just depending on how it's used."

"With Ladybug I can tell your type of feelings."

"Why do you want to talk about this now?"

The kwami never seemed to be considered with Adrien's love for Ladybug before, so why was he now?

"Because I care for you Adrien and I want to see you happy."

For the first time in awhile Adrien smiled. "Thanks."

"And weather you like it or not Ladybug makes you happy but you keep pushing it away."

"How do you know that?"

"You have the Ladyblog open all the time and you still have your Ladybug printed items. It's not that hard to see. Not to mention the moments you have with Ladybug."

"Those... are... nothing."

"Hiding it only makes it worse."

Ding.

The Ladyblog had updated. Alya seemed to not post articles often but this time she did with the interesting headline: "Chat Noir Not All That We Thought"

Adrien started reading it, because it was about his alter ego part of him was expecting it to say something 'the villain' but surprisingly, it didn't.

The article talked differently than how usually the media refers to him. The Ladyblog had written Chat Noir like how Ladybug had talked to Rena Rouge about him. He wasn't a villain, but an antihero, he never means to hurt anyone and he's still the same old Chat in a way.

It was written by Alya yet, Chat recalled hearing Ladybug speak to Rena that way. Uhh, weird.

"What are you thinking kid?"

"I'm thinking that, someone finally has Chat Noir right. Meaning a fox has something right."

"At least Alya has it right."

"She wouldn't have known that if it wasn't for Ladybug though." His heart. He smiled.

"You know... you two still-"

"It's nothing." He cut off the kwami.

Suddenly, Adrien got a text, from Nino. Asking if he would mind hanging out with the girls and him for a few, Adrien agreed. As far as his friends were concerned, nothing seemed to be wrong, but he was struggling inside.

~~~

The four teenagers were at the park together spending a nice relaxing day.

"Glad your dad let you come." Alya told him.

"Yeah he doesn't usually allow me to do anything, but this time he did."

"Nice to spend time with friends once and awhile." Nino input.

Marinette seemed to be distracted looking the direction of the statue. The Ladybug and Chat Noir statue.

"You okay?" Alya asked.

"What?" She got her attention. "Yeah I'm fine it's just... they look so happy to fight along side one another and..."

"Now they are at different ends?" Nino filled in. "I get what you mean, they vowed to protect Paris together. Talk about superhero drama."

More complicated than you think. Marinette thought.

"They still do, it's just now... different." Adrien spoke.

"Maybe both of them aren't happy about it either. The one blames them self and the other doesn't know what to do." Marinette answered. "They fought by each other's side for a year and now... they don't."

It was as if Paris's villain heard the conversation the teens were having and decided to release his next akuma to Paris. People ran in terror waiting for the heroes to swiftly save them.

Much to say, it was difficult for the three teens to escape the group but they made it out without revealing anything. What they did not know what that this akuma, would say something about loyalty.

~~~

The akuma towered over Ladybug, Rena was down previously, Chat had little strength. The heroes had to admit that Hawk Moth's akuma's has been getting better recently. To many close calls had happened.

"Who knew it would be this easy to defeat a hero?" The akuma taunted raising their weapon, which happened to be a sword, ready to attack the defenseless hero. This akuma was tough, draining strength that the heroes had. Ladybug braced herself for impact but heard the clashing of metal to metal. Chat Noir had guarded her, stepping in front, meeting the akuma's sword with his weapon. He didn't think about his actions, he did it instinctively, wanting to protect. The akuma and Chat had met face-to-face, Chat with an angry expression.

"Why is the villain protecting the hero? This should be the other way around." The akuma stated.

Oh, how he hated that word. Villain.

"For the final I'm an antihero!" He pushed his weapon forward, still clashing with the akuma's, causing them to step back.

"But she's the source of your pain."

"Don't touch her! You don't know anything about me!"

The akuma and Chat faced off. Ladybug had to admit, what Chat did was heroic and he hadn't changed, still keeping, protecting, her safely. She realized she was the reason he turned into an antihero, yet he was the one who also pained her, for his actions he had done. Chat was slowly taking the one thing he hadn't stolen yet, weather he liked it or not. Ladybug's heart was slowly becoming his.