10 || Human After All

So I wait by the moon
Knowing your stray silhouette hunts you too

THIRD   POINT   OF   VIEW

Mirabelle was absolutely gleaming that Monday morning. What had happened the weekend before had resonated with her for the whole week. She was just oozing with youthful energy. Her presence alongside the gorgeous Cullen family was slowly being accepted by the rest of the student body. Even Bella had set aside her mad hunt in finding the truth to tell her sister how happy she was for her. But not everyone could hop on the happy train.

Mirabelle closed her locker. When Eric's smiling face became the first thing she saw, she jumped. "Jesus, Eric! Tone down the ninja skills would you?" The boy laughed. He was trying to be his usual dorky self, but the question nagging on his nerves made it almost impossible. 

"Sorry, Stud." The two walked side by side to their next period.

"Stud?" She repeated. Internally she enjoyed the unexpected nickname. It reminded her of T-Birds.

"Yeah. You know, because you're so cool and got this dangerous air around you."

"Thanks...I guess."

Eric didn't care to hear the uncertainty in her tone as he flimsily slid into the topic he really wanted to discuss. "So, speaking of dangerous, how's it going with Hale?" Mira didn't miss a single beat when he had nearly spat Jasper's name. She smiled tightly. "What're you talking about? We're fine."

"Really? Because...Honestly, I don't like it. I mean - the guy is super weird. He's always staring at you like you're dinner or something. like seriously, what's-"

Mirabelle ended his one-sided hate-filled ranting. Her smile became a dark glower. Her generous mood had evaporated the moment he opened his mouth. "Listen, Eric, I don't really care about your opinion about my personal life." Realizing his mistake, Eric scrambled to explain himself. "N-No! I didn't mean it like that! It's just-"

"Was there something you needed from me, Eric?"

The Asian boy was sure his chances with Mirabelle were absolute shit by now, but it was worth a try. "I...was wondering if you'd go to prom with me." The Swan wasn't expecting that. Eric continued to rant out of fear of uncomfortable silence. "You know - I mean, I figured you and Hale would go but I-I wasn't sure so I thought 'well, why not ask?'. I mean we can just go as friends. Doesn't need to be anything intimate-"

"I'm actually not going to prom at all," she spoke up. Eric came to a full stop.

"Wait...you mean...like not at all? B-But I thought girl's love proms. You know, dresses, dancing, dates..."