Chapter Nineteen

"Fred..." Aubrey jumped around at the sound of her own voice behind her. She was almost used to it by now but just wasn't expecting it at lunch right when she was piling roast chicken onto her plate. George, Lee and Angelina were luckily distracted in conversation; she only hoped they would remain that way to avoid answering more awkward questions. George in particular was already quite suspicious of their relationship and she didn't want to heighten this.

"Fre - Aubrey?" She hissed, "What are you doing here? We're meeting later as usual in the classroom - "

"I know," Fred replied, "But you said you liked chicken - "

"What do you want?" She asked, "You have a gleam in your - my... I still don't know! You have a gleam in your eye."

"As a matter of fact, I do have something to discuss," He replied.

"Can it wait?" She whispered, "Because right now, I'm still shovelling chicken onto my plate to avoid suspicion and it's getting pretty damn heavy."

Fred glanced down at the ever increasing mound of food and sniggered slightly, "You know I eat a lot, it's fine."

"F - Aubrey, can we discuss this tonight, please?" She hissed but Fred stubbornly shook his head.

"No, because if we do that, you'll just avoid it," He replied.

"No, I get things done."

"Yes, when you want to but as I've learnt from being around you, you can be a master procrastinator when you don't want to do something," He replied, grinning slightly, "So I figured if I sprung it on you at dinner, you'd be less likely to turn it down - "

"Oi, Fred, leave some chicken for the rest of us!" Somebody called and for a second, Fred almost instinctively replied before nudging Aubrey, who was so confused by the sudden encounter, she'd completely forgotten about the whole body swap.

"Oh, sorry, I like a big lunch!" Aubrey replied, a brief panic crossing her face as she realised her answer made no sense. Luckily she'd perfected the illusion of confidence and managed to pull it off.

"Smooth."

"Shut up," She hissed back, "I wasn't expecting this, usually I can kind of compose myself a bit but this is just..."

"Weird?" He finished.

"I was going to say wrong."

"Well, I did mean to catch you off your guard so I believe I succeeded," He grinned, "The first task is in a few days, and I've figured out a way to get rid of George - "

At the mention of his name, Aubrey's eyes drifted over towards the boy who was laughing loudly at something.

"About that," She murmured, "I was thinking maybe it would be nice to go and watch the first task instead, see what it is plus George will get suspicious - "

"See, I knew you'd say that which is exactly why I decided to spring it on you," He replied, "But I would sooner eat puking pastilles every day for the rest of my life than spend another night in the library."

"Fred - "

"Aubrey," He corrected, with a grin, "George isn't worth getting stuck in my body forever for, trust me. You're forgetting too that if you look like me, that ruins all chances of getting with him because whilst my brother is a bit of an oddball, he's not into incest." Even the word made him shiver a little, and clearly it had got to Aubrey too.

"I don't know..."

"I have a plan," He whispered.

"I don't know - "