Chapter 7

Kai's POV

As Lucas and I walked back to my place I learned a lot of things about him, his personality was actually pretty similar to mine.

I took out my key and unlocked the door. As we shuffled in I went straight to the bathroom to see the damage that had been done to my face.

"Eh. It'll heal." I said as I shrugged off all the little stinging on various parts of my body.

I walked back into my room and saw Lucas chilling at my desk, "Do you have a first aid kit?"

I chuckled, "What, after beating me up for years you now want to help path me up?"

I walked over to sit on the edge of my bed.

"Hey, in my defense you were beating me up too," Lucas laughed back.

"There's one in the bathroom under the sink," I told him as I rubbed my bruised face.

He stood up shaking his head as he went into the bathroom and took out a small box with band-aids, wipes, and disinfectant in it. He came back into the main room with a big smile on his face. His smile was so beautiful.

Wait, did I just think Lucas's smile was beautiful?? Ugh, what is wrong with me. Am I actually gay? Maybe I'm bi since I've never looked at a guy like this before. Wait, no. That doesn't make sense I haven't looked at girls like that either.... Shit I'm gay aren't I?

I was lost in thought and didn't notice Lucas crouching down, kneeling in between my legs. He placed the box on the bed next to be and opened it, taking out something to clean the cut above my left eye.

I normally do this myself, but I have to admit it is kind of nice having someone else to help me with it.

As he gently rubbed a while under and around my eye, cleaning off the dry blood, Lucas asked me, "Hey, Kai?"

"Hmm?" I responded quietly, secretly enjoying the attention.

"Do you still hate me?" He questioned quietly, focused on patching me up.

"Hate? Hate is a strong word... No, I don't, I don't think I ever did." I grinned to myself, "I think you were more annoying than anything else, like a fly constantly buzzing around your face."

He scoffed, "A fly? Did you really just compare me to a fly??"

"Oh but of course, it's the most annoying thing I could think of- '' I winced as he smacked a bandaid on the gash on my forehead.

"Ow." I reached up to feel where he lightly hit me.

"That's what you get for calling me annoying." Lucas stood up and laid down on my bed.

"Dude, don't lie down on my bed! That's nasty, you've been wearing those clothes for two days!" I yelled, grabbing his arm and yanking him off of the bed.

Met with resistance from his large, heavy frame, I squatted down still pulling.

"Nooo I don't wanna," he whined, "I'm tired." He said with a pout.

With one last yank, I managed to tug him onto the floor, landing on my butt.

Falling on his face, Lucas let out a loud groan.

"Tired?? You? How are you tired, I was the one who fought."

Lucas turned on his side to face me, propping his head up with his hand. This gave me a chance to really look at his face for the first time. I had never bothered to notice the subtle things while we were fighting, and last night I was too drunk.