Chapter Sixteen

"Well this is fantastic!" Percy exclaimed as he jammed the bolt cutters between the doors, hoping it would serve as some sort of barricade to help keep the alpha out. Percy peered out the window through the door, looking for any sign of the red eyed beast.

"This is not good," Stiles exclaimed, "Not good at all."
"We need to go," Percy exclaimed looking at his two friends, "We need to go now!" Scott and Stiles nodded and they began to sprint down the hallway as a howl cut through the air. They bolted into a classroom and Scott and Stiles rushed towards a desk, most likely to try and barricade the door.

"Hold up no!" Percy exclaimed, "The doors not going to hold it!"
"I know," Scott groaned.
"Your boss is the alpha!" Stiles exclaimed.
"No!" Scott argued, "It can't be!"
"Oh Common Deaton goes missing and that thing shows up five seconds later!" Stiles exclaimed.

"Okay, just what do we do?" Scott asked, as he and Stiles eyes landed on Percy. The demigod sighed as he glanced around biting his lip in worry.

"Best bet is to get to Stiles Jeep," Percy informed them as he walked towards the window to see how far they were from it. Scott followed and went to open one of the windows but Stiles stopped him.
"We can't open them, they're climate control they don't open after it reaches a certain temperate."

"So we break it!" Scott exclaimed.
"That'll make a lot of noise," Stiles noted.
"So we break and run," Scott offered looking at Stiles Jeep, "Run really fast."
"I don't think that's going to be an option," Percy muttered as his eyes were focused on the hood of Stiles Jeep, "I think the alpha already beat us there. Look at the hood of your Jeep."

"What?!" Stiles asked as he too scrambled towards the window his eyes growing wide as he saw it was partially bent upwards by force. Then without a moment to spare and object came crashing through the window, causing the three boys to yell in surprise as they fell down out of view and stared at the object that slid across the floor.

"That's my battery!" Stiles groaned, "Are you kidding me."
"We gotta move now!" Percy exclaimed in a hushed voice.
"He could be right outside!" Scott objected.
"He is right outside!" Percy stated obviously as he got up and rushed out of the classroom his two friends following him.

"Where should we go?!" Scott exclaimed as they ran into the empty hallway.
"Someplace without windows?" Stiles offered.
"What's a way out of this building that the alpha wouldn't be expecting us to leave from?" Percy asked as he glanced away, "Because he seems to be guarding the front of the school pretty heavily."

"The locker room!" Scott exclaimed, "Less windows and a door that leads to the lacrosse field."
"Alright Common let's go!" Percy exclaimed, as he ran down the hall, the only light coming from Riptide. They quickly sprinted through the hallways and into the locker room, where they took a moment to catch there breaths knowing the would have to run again.

"Wait are we just going to run out into the woods?" Stiles asked, "There's nothing near the school for at least a mile!"
"Derek's car?" Percy offered.
"That could work," Stiles agreed, "Grab the keys off his body and then we're good."
"Don't forget him," Scott exclaimed.
"Okay whatever, let's go!" Stiles exclaimed as he walked towards the door however Scott reached out and stopped him.

"Someone's coming," Scott whispered his eyes wide.
"Someone or something?" Percy asked.
"I don't know!" Scott replied, "We need to hide!"
"We can't hide from an alpha werewolf are you kidding me! He can hear our heartbeats and smell us!" Percy exclaimed, "We hide we're dead!"

"What do we do then!?" Stiles asked. Percy gritted his teeth as he gripped Riptide and took a step back from the door.
"Get behind me," Percy ordered. His two friends did as they were told, and Percy took a deep breath and began to lightly bounce up and down on his feet preparing to lunge forwards. The doorknob on the locker room door twisted and the door opened, Scott and Stiles let out a yell and Percy had to stop them from rushing forwards as only a janitor walked through the door screaming at the sight of three teenage boys in the locker room.